July 23, 2024, 11:25:13 PM

Author Topic: Questions about starting to play BFG  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Toon

Questions about starting to play BFG
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »
Hey everyone.

Let's say I would like to start playing BFG. What stuff would I need to buy and what would that cost me? Since I don't know any people who play it, I would have to buy two armies (I guess you guys call them fleets). Does it still make sense to start it, eventhough GW stopped supporting/selling the game?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
Re: Questions about starting to play BFG
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:07:24 PM »
There are a few options available. First is just get large and small flying bases and call it a day since the models themselves are just there to look pretty and all measurements are from the stem and base.

The second is to brave ebay and slowly acquire a few things. For IN and Chaos you don't need a whole lot, maybe one battleship, 5 swords, and 6 plastic cruisers. For chaos, one desolator and 6 plastic cruisers.

The last is to use models from other manufacturers as proxies or seek out some of the fan proxies if they are available.
-Vaaish

Offline Toon

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:29:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know how much this would approximately cost on ebay?

Offline connahr

• Loc: shropshire
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:30:17 PM »
lots, i'd say far too much, unless you get lucky by making a good offer to the seller via e-mail (thats how i got some stuff), but since most people selling BFG on e-bay know its no longer in production its unlikley that it will work unless its a really good offer
theres no such thing as over kill, its just making sure

Offline connahr

• Loc: shropshire
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
actually having just looked theres soem stuff on there thats not too badly priced

contact the seller via e-mail and make them a offer, thats your best bet
theres no such thing as over kill, its just making sure