July 23, 2024, 07:24:07 PM

Author Topic: How do Dreadclaws get their cargo aboard the enemy ship?  (Read 5640 times)

Offline captPiett

Re: How do Dreadclaws get their cargo aboard the enemy ship?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:29 PM »
Sometimes you just gotta hit the "I believe" button, Islacrusez. If you think about it too much, questions like "If they can teleport dudes in complicated armored suits, why don't they just teleport thermonuclear bombs onto the other ships as they pass?" get in the way.  ;)

Yeah but sometimes it just takes too much effort to maintain the wilful suspension of disbelief, and it all goes to hell from there. Have you heard their BS about why you can't have torps on the broadside?
Heh, I have not. I'm sure it passes the sniff test though.

Offline Islacrusez

• Loc: Plymouth, United Kingdom
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
Sometimes you just gotta hit the "I believe" button, Islacrusez. If you think about it too much, questions like "If they can teleport dudes in complicated armored suits, why don't they just teleport thermonuclear bombs onto the other ships as they pass?" get in the way.  ;)

Yeah but sometimes it just takes too much effort to maintain the wilful suspension of disbelief, and it all goes to hell from there. Have you heard their BS about why you can't have torps on the broadside?
Heh, I have not. I'm sure it passes the sniff test though.

Recoil. Of all the weapons they can mount on a ship, they choose one of the few with little to no recoil and tell us it has too much recoil! Makes me want to create a whole new ship list to use on the BFG system.
Quite crucial to be able to tell minefields and rally points apart...

Offline connahr

• Loc: shropshire
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
recoil really?

i didn't even think there was ANY from a torpedo

i think there is a cruiser with turret mounted torpedo tube in ASC 2
theres no such thing as over kill, its just making sure

Offline captPiett

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
Nope doesn't pass the sniff test.  ::) My limited knowledge of physics tells me there would be some recoil, but the relative size between ship and torpedo should make that negligible.

Have you heard of Starmada? Customizable ships and realistic simultaneous ship movement are two of the system's strong points. I made some ship stats based in the IN... I called the faction the "Society of Ignorance."

Offline connahr

• Loc: shropshire
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 07:42:35 PM »
this game you speak of sounds intersting i may have to hunt it down
theres no such thing as over kill, its just making sure

Offline Mallich

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
Have you heard of Starmada? Customizable ships and realistic simultaneous ship movement are two of the system's strong points. I made some ship stats based in the IN... I called the faction the "Society of Ignorance."
Full Thrust has customizable ships and simultaneous movement (with optional "vector" rules that make movement even more realistic), but I've never played it. The rules are all free.
The original rules had pulse torpedoes as fore-arc only, but that was later fixed :P