September 16, 2024, 08:49:16 PM

Author Topic: Some quick questions  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Islacrusez

• Loc: Plymouth, United Kingdom
Some quick questions
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

I read somewhere something about ships overlapping taking a shield penalty or something? Can someone clarify this for me?

During the end phase, is it only the active player that can repair critical damage? The original text seems a little odd on this...

How many dice are actually rolled for repairing crits? I got rather confused last time I read that.
Quite crucial to be able to tell minefields and rally points apart...

Offline Dan_Lee

Re: Some quick questions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:53:08 PM »
As I understand it, a ship that is in base contact with a blast marker has their entire base also "count as" a blast marker, so if they are also in base contact with another ship they will take their shield down as well. This doesn't keep propagating though. If your shield is only down because your touching a base that "counts as" a blast marker you don't take down other ship's shields if they are touching your base.

During the end phase both players can roll for repairing criticals. You either roll 1 dice per remaining hit point if you are not in contact with blast markers, or half that number (rounded up) if you are in contact with a blast marker.
Various BFG and other gaming articles that I've written can be found (and downloaded for free) on my website, www.danleeonline.com. Enjoy.

Offline Islacrusez

• Loc: Plymouth, United Kingdom
Re: Some quick questions
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:58:51 PM »
Thankies ^^
Quite crucial to be able to tell minefields and rally points apart...