September 29, 2024, 05:20:07 PM

Author Topic: (BFG) Tim's Plague fleet blog  (Read 59507 times)

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
Re: (BFG) Tim's Plague fleet blog
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2014, 01:22:39 AM »
As for gun barrels; have you tried silver yet?

Too many visions of eight year olds painting the guns on their models (any kind of model!) "silver"....

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2014, 07:59:50 AM »
Hmm, what about black or brass? Copper might also be nice.
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2014, 09:15:02 AM »
I believe it is brass, but it could be bronze that turns green with age and decay. Personally i think doing something similar to whats in my picture would look freaking awesome on your ships and break up the colors you have with something a little different.

http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/Critnasty/media/DSC00336.jpg.html?sort=3&o=637

This is a nurgle feral warhound i did for a deathguard army.

Blind-

P.S. I love your stuff.

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »
As for gun barrels; have you tried silver yet?

Too many visions of eight year olds painting the guns on their models (any kind of model!) "silver"....

::)
 ;)

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2014, 09:49:09 AM »
 :o

easy to fix that H.!

take the softest grade pencil you can find and use that on all those sparky clean guns....

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »
 ;D
No ways, they should be as bright silver as they are (the battleship is called Frozen Sun).

8)

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2014, 04:53:01 PM »
I believe it is brass, but it could be bronze that turns green with age and decay. Personally i think doing something similar to whats in my picture would look freaking awesome on your ships and break up the colors you have with something a little different.

http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/Critnasty/media/DSC00336.jpg.html?sort=3&o=637

Blind-

P.S. I love your stuff.

I'm not a chemist or anything, but how would brass oxidize if there's no oxygen in space?

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »
I don’t know, I think your ships look good as they are.  As for the fleet blending together, well I think that is kind of cool too.  It’s like a big floating virus in space.  Perhaps you could use the same technique on a planet, some asteroids and some wreckage.  It would give the whole table a sticky yucky infected look.  But hey, that’s just me.  While on the topic as far as your barrels go.  I also think they look good as they are too, but if you’re not feeling the Juju and were talking about ideas for changing them, what about some more purple or blue to bring out the barrels.  It could define them better and well I like the overall look you have now.  Everyone has some kind of metal barrels, your creations smell of puss and having fleshly pinkish, purple with dripping oozing  barrels works for me.  They are close now I think they just need another layer or 2,  or a better idea is if you’re really not liking your builds you could just send them to me I’ll give them a good home!

Offline timdp

« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
I believe it is brass, but it could be bronze that turns green with age and decay.

Both brass and bronze will oxidize green/blue in the right environment. As a ex-jeweler I am very familiar with the way metals oxidize. Worked mostly in gold, but have oxidized gold, silver, brass, bronze, copper, titanium and other metals.

::)
 ;)

LOL! Slight difference between you and a sloppy 8 year old. Silver works perfectly on the ice blue fleet, but not so much on a Nurgle fleet.

I'm not a chemist or anything, but how would brass oxidize if there's no oxygen in space?

Same way steel rusts on a Nurgle ship in space: Nurgle/Obliterator virus slime covers a bit of the steel/brass/bronze and creates an oxygen rich micro-environment, allowing it to oxidize and then expands or moves on to the next bit of oxidizable metal.  :D

I don’t know, I think your ships look good as they are.  As for the fleet blending together, well I think that is kind of cool too.  It’s like a big floating virus in space.  Perhaps you could use the same technique on a planet, some asteroids and some wreckage.  It would give the whole table a sticky yucky infected look. 

That sounds like fun!

I also think they look good as they are too, but if you’re not feeling the Juju and were talking about ideas for changing them, what about some more purple or blue to bring out the barrels.  It could define them better and well I like the overall look you have now.  Everyone has some kind of metal barrels, your creations smell of puss and having fleshly pinkish, purple with dripping oozing  barrels works for me. 

Hmmm, very interesting idea. Will give it a try.

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2014, 07:27:12 AM »

Blind-

P.S. I love your stuff.

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »
Psst, I thought this might give you some ideas...

Offline timdp

« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »
Psst, I thought this might give you some ideas...

Even though that is a battleship (with teeth!), it brings up the Planet Killer question.. Paint it as Abbadon's flagship or do a Nurgle version? Only have one to play with so must make a choice...

Have incorporated some horns into the ships but have not taken pics yet. Maybe today...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:18:56 PM by timdp »

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
It's not so much the Planet Killer itself that made me want to show you this, but the daemon 'dancing' in its core. That and the use of the Daemon Prince's backpack at the back of the ship.

Offline timdp

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »
It's not so much the Planet Killer itself that made me want to show you this, but the daemon 'dancing' in its core. That and the use of the Daemon Prince's backpack at the back of the ship.

I was assuming the planet killer hole was being used as a warp portal and the demon was flying out of it.
Completely missed the DP backpack parts...

Wonder if could convert a metal Nurgling into a BFG scale GUO...

Offline timdp

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2014, 06:11:21 AM »
Strike cruisers, fighters/bombers and horns....