July 28, 2024, 07:19:04 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Inquisition  (Read 21304 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG:R Inquisition
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »
On skimming:
Grey box Inquisitor Cruiser, first line, missing an 'o' in front of rdo. And it is missing all o's in that box!
Fleet list pages, Torm Trooper trike force, two times an s.

Hmm, it must not be loading for you because I can see those letters. Either way, I will compress the file into an image PDF at some point so that there isn't the weird text scanning that happens. I hope to do that will all the files at the end.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2013, 08:36:15 PM »
Hmm. Weird, I opened it in Opera with the inbuild viewer, same in FireFox and lastly I downloaded it. No avail, they remain missing.

Offline Gothmog Lord of Balrogs

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »
I'll do a whole read through tonight and post all my results just like I did with Tyranids.
"Give me a thousand men crazy enough to conquer Hell and we shall do it!"
www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com
sepulchreofheroes@gmail.com

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2013, 12:26:04 AM »
Great! Thanks!

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2013, 04:13:43 AM »
Ya Im getting issues too, Chrome, IE, and Safari are all showing missing punctuation and letters.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2013, 04:32:07 AM »
Hmm weird. I will try to switch it around a little to see if that fixes it.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2013, 04:56:43 AM »
Ok, I flattened the PDF images and it should work now. I saw the problems when pulling it up through my browser and now I don't.

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2013, 05:16:20 AM »
Pg 1-
1st Column
There is no more Antarctica as there are no more oceans on Terra. May I suggest "Far underneath the bedrock of Holy Terra's southern pole exists..."
As well a citadel can't be underground. May I suggest "fortress" or "bastion".
May I suggest "The most shadowy and mysterious of the Imperium's organizations, it..." -Imperium instead of Emperor.
Under "Ordos Majoris" first sentence is a run on sentence.
Should be "Though its beginnings are shrouded in mystery dating back to the Horus Heresy, it is believed that the Inquisition coalesced into the beginnings of its curent form by the beginning of M32, some 800 years after the Heresy. The fledgling organization drew upon several well established Imperial institutions to form its essential components and apparatus, including the League of Blackships, the Officio Assassinorum and the "Witch Hunters" of the Sisters of Silence, all of which were active before the Heresy began.
10th line between the words "it" and "existed" add the word "has"
Between Orks and Dark Eldar, change "or" to "and"

2nd Column
Under Ordo Hereticus
"their focus is on mankind itself, FACING OFF against the witch, the heretic and the mutant, and they are pitiless (or remorseless) TOWARDS those who fail the Emperor"
"As part of this mandate, it is to this Ordo falls THE responsibility for..."

3rd column
"Far more are found unfit for whatever reason" change to "for these sacred duties". Works better IMO.

PAGE 2
1st column
When you begin talking about Vandires brides of the emperor, it should be a new paragraph.
End the Ordo Hereticus fluff with "would become the Ordo Hereticus' Chamber Militant"

Under ORDO XENOS
3rd line, put a comma after crusade.
starting 7th line from the bottom in the 1st column still "where its mandate continued to be the investigation and study of alien races AND to eliminate any alien threat ..."

2nd Column-
2nd paragraph, 6th line
"The Deathwatch are squads" should be "The Deathwatch are a chapter"
3rd to last line of Ordo Xenos, change term of service to Vigil (technical term for time in the deathwatch).
Under Ordo Mallues, 2nd/3rd line change "it traces" to "the Ordo Malleus traces"

3rd Page
1st Column, 3rd line: Change Master of the Inquition to  Inquisitor Lord Terran (his Official Title)
last line before the picture of the grey knight, fotresses should not be capitalized.

2nd column
6th line of the main paragraph, change the word legions to chapters. As well, I would start the sentence "Chapter number 666, their founding is..."
Aegis Helm and Nemesis Force Halberd should be capitalized probably. As well, Halberd should be changed to weapon, since not all GK use halberds exclusively now. Current existing fluff suggests they are individually matched up with certain weapons that best suit them.
I don't know if they are the only chapter entirely made up of psykers. Exorcists might be, but not sure.

3rd Column
There is an empty line before THE ORDOS MINORIS- just a blank no text line.
4th line- remove the words Space Marines. 5th line, change the word one to "an Inquisitor"
3rd line from the end of the paragraph, should be "drawing Chaos Daemons" not Chaos demons.

4th page

5th Page
At the end of the description I would say "Renowned Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord Torquemada Coteaz". His name aslo has a typo as it is. There is no r. Coteaz, not Corteaz.
Special rules- Why are they Notes- Should they be Special Rules? if not, Notes should be bold.
Prow Torpedoes: Strength should be capitalized. M should be capitalized in Space Marine Crusade Fleet.
Dorsal Lances: Strength and Range should be capitalized.

page 6
second line, change the word very to extremely.
change the end of the first paragraph to "with only one purpose behind their design: planetary assault."

The font for famous ships is different than everywhere else. Looks doubled first of all, and the ship name should be in itallics.

Why are the BBs special rules in italics when no one elses were? Why are they notes instead of special rules?

page 7
1st column, 7th line between the words ship and from there should be a comma.

2nd column, after talking about mind wipe, I would say Grey Knight Justicars and Brother Captains are given a key word which will kill all the crew members etc. etc.

3rd column- Fortress Monastery should either be capitalized or everywhere else should be lower case. I also thing Fortress-monastery is suppossed to be hyphenated.

Notes should be Special Rules.
Replace Launch Bays missing strength for torpedoes and firepower for bombardment cannons

page 8
1st Column
under Capital Ships
Should be Any Imperial, Adeptus Mechanicus or Space Marine fleet may...
Inquistorial Cruiser- thoughout the rest of the document, you had the C in cruiser lower case. Should it be uppercase every where else?

2nd column, last line, serves should just be serve.

3rd Column, reserves and allies- It talks about RT vessels, but I thought only Ordo Hereticus could take RT vesselts in their fleets (according to the Ordo rules).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:34:20 PM by Gothmog Lord of Balrogs »

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »
Is this done? Can we vote?

As far as I can tell the only BFG:R stuff not done is RT, Corribra and Planetary Defenses

Orks seem nearly there
This just needs a vote
Bakka is nearly there

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
Gothmog, do you think the changes you mentioned are sufficiently changed in the document yet?

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
Gothmog, do you think the changes you mentioned are sufficiently changed in the document yet?

I take it this means no...

I tried PMing you but your inbox is full. What program do you use to create/edit pdfs?

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2013, 08:03:09 PM »
I am simply asking if you can see the changes in the current BFG:R document that you mentioned. I believe I fixed all the things you mentioned or made it something similar. I have cleared out my PM box. Sorry about that!

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2013, 09:05:35 PM »
Will check later. At gw right now.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2013, 09:11:08 PM »
Sounds good.

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:53 PM »
I am simply asking if you can see the changes in the current BFG:R document that you mentioned. I believe I fixed all the things you mentioned or made it something similar. I have cleared out my PM box. Sorry about that!

The one on your website doesn't have any of the changes....