July 28, 2024, 07:26:41 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Inquisition  (Read 21308 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG:R Inquisition
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »
To be fair, when compared to Eldar aspect warriors, it should be 20pts. How would that look in the document?

Offline Gothmog Lord of Balrogs

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »
To be fair, when compared to Eldar aspect warriors, it should be 20pts. How would that look in the document?

The storm troopers?
"Give me a thousand men crazy enough to conquer Hell and we shall do it!"
www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com
sepulchreofheroes@gmail.com

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2013, 11:04:36 PM »
I'm saying the Inquisition lord on a blackship really is just double paying for the equivalent of aspect warriors which are 20pts.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2013, 12:19:21 AM »
I think your over thinking it a bit. Its far too awkard to try and place something in like "if this ship has so and so on board it gets x" or "so and so will be cheaper if on x" etc. Drop the boarding modifier from the ship if its that big of a deal and then add in the *fleet re-roll to counter balance it. That way you get an always on benifit thats not subject to anything outside the ships profile and it stays balanced.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 03:47:56 AM »
So basically, add the reroll for the black ship and take its boarding bonus off? Yes, that would fix it! Good idea Andrew.

Offline afterimagedan

Re: Re: BFG:R Inquisition
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2013, 05:24:53 AM »
Attempt 3:

Ld 9 Inquisitor 50pts
Ld10 Inquisitor Lord 100pts
-Inquisitor Lords belong to an Ordo. Choose one of the three Ordos that the Inquisitor Lord belongs to an apply the special rules that Ordo provides.
-You must take at least one Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord in place of or in addition to an Imperial Navy, Space Marine, or Adeptus Mechanicus admiral.
-Any Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord may be put on any capital ship of your choice.
-Each Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord may purchase 0-2 rerolls for 25pts each.

Storm Trooper Strike Force - May take one per Inquisitor in your fleet and they may be on any capital ship that foes not have Space Marines on board. A ship with this upgrade may roll twice and pick the highest result in boarding actions. +10pts

Blackship
-no boarding or H&R bonuses anymore but now comes with a reroll.
-If it dies, the killer gets an extra 200vps. If the Blackship survives uncrippled and not disengaged, it give the Inquisitor player 200vps.

Grey Knight Battle Barge needs its own page (I have already created it)

Inquisitorial Cruiser
-250pts
-must purchase an Ordo upgrade for 25pts if an Inquisitor Lord is not on board.
-1 Inquisitorial Cruiser pre 3 cruisers. Takes the spot of a Grand Cruiser for fleets that use Grand Cruisers.

Ordo Heretius
-+2 to boarding, +1 to H&Rs and -1 to H&Rs against them
-Canoness Superior (function as Secondary Commanders like in the IN fleet)
-Sisters of Battle give the ship +1 to Boarding. +5 pts
-Celestions (function as Honor Guard without the SM +1) which may be taken on any ship with an Inquisitor or Canoness Superior. +5pts.
-Any Battleship or Inquisitorial Cruiser with an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord on it is considered to be an Exterminator ship or is given the Transport quality, depending on the relevant scenario.
The primary advantage of the Hereticus is in the Sisters of Battle boarding bonus that can be taken, which will make them more powerful in boarding but not too much. Also, the bonus Exterminator or Transport upgrade is the other. This adds to the feel of Hereticus which is all about cleansing Humanity and ultimately needs to invade and often Exterminatus worlds to have this done. The Exterminator upgrade is so... Inquisition...

Ordo Malleus
-Brother-Captain (function as Secondary Commanders like in the IN fleet)
-Grey Knight Purifiers (function as SM Honor Guard) on any ship with a Brother-Captain or an Inquisitor on it.
-Grey Knight Paladins (function as SM Terminators) on any ship with an Inquisitor Lord on it.
-Ordo Malleus ships are immune to the effects of Marks of Chaos and Daemonships.
-A ship led by an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord may take 0-1 Grey Knights Battle Barge and Grey Knights Strike Cruisers instead of regular Strike Cruisers.
Malleus can take Terminators. That's a difference from the Hereticus. Also, this unlocks the Grey Knights options and provides the nice little defences against Chaos.

Ordo Xenos
-Watch Captain (secondary commander exactly like they are in the IN list)
-Deathwatch Kill-team (counts as Honor Guard) may be taken on any capital ship. Ships with Kill-teams always get a +1 to H&Rs caused by their vessel and vessel's ordnance, even when not attacking from an Inquisitor Lord's vessel. +15pts
-Deathwatch First Company (counts as Terminators) may be taken on any vessel with an Inquisitor Lord.
Xenos looks much like Malleus but cannot get the goodies of the Grey Knight fleet. Instead, it gets the Deathwatch Kill-teams upgrade option.

*The last page in the 2010 Inquisition document can be simplified greatly into quick bullet points. It doesn't need to be so dang big and bloated.
*The Ordos have been cleaned up a bit to look a little more like a Space Marine upgrade and allow for more options to be taken relating to that Ordo. Each Ordo has some advantage over the other as referenced above.
*There will need to be a rule that says that Inquisitor Lord boarding an H&R upgrades do not stack with Space Marine special rules.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:41:20 AM by afterimagedan »

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2013, 05:29:10 AM »
So are all the ordos the same price now?

For the INQ cruiser, either the ship must have an embarked Inquisitor (to gain his Ordo rules) or must select an Ordo seperately, at the cost of 25 pts.

Offline afterimagedan

Re: Re: BFG:R Inquisition
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:27 AM »
So are all the ordos the same price now?

For the INQ cruiser, either the ship must have an embarked Inquisitor (to gain his Ordo rules) or must select an Ordo seperately, at the cost of 25 pts.

Same price. To get an Ordo upgrade, make your inquisitor an inquisitor lord or get an inquisitorial cruiser and pay the 25pts.

Yes, i will add that in. Had that added when I was first making the post but lost my progress accidentally...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:46:12 AM by afterimagedan »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2013, 06:33:55 AM »
And do not forget the line that the Inquisitor can be placed on any ship in the whole fleet and is thus not restricted to the Inquisitor Cruiser, Blackship or similar.

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2013, 10:51:01 AM »
Can inquisitors buy rerolls?

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »
0-2 for 25pts each, can be put on any capital ship. I'll add that in.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
Alright, post edited. Should we vote first then I can edit the document?

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2013, 04:43:02 AM »
I second the motion

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2013, 05:07:49 AM »
OK! The document rough draft is done. Have a read through and proof-read please!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1596994/BFGR%202/BFGR%20Inquisition.pdf

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
On skimming:
Grey box Inquisitor Cruiser, first line, missing an 'o' in front of rdo. And it is missing all o's in that box!
Fleet list pages, Torm Trooper trike force, two times an s.