July 28, 2024, 09:21:50 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Inquisition  (Read 21316 times)

Offline Gothmog Lord of Balrogs

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
Re: BFG:R Inquisition
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
Hey,
it cannot switch freely between T-Hawks & torpedoes.

Stacked up from a regular Strike Cruiser:
+1 shield
-45* turns
+8wb@double range
+3bc

From that point of view 95pts is a steep curve. (145->240)

I would not undervalue the long range lances of the Overlord. It means that ship can stay abeam from farther away. Plus 6+ armour means nothing to a lance.
So I would say, given the restricted aspect of the Inq_sc and the need for upgrades 240pts is a nice value.

Looking at the PDF on the BFGR library "may replace LBs for S-6 sp:30cm torpedo tubes at no cost"

I don't mean during acutally game play, but it just seems one of those intangible things about a ship that should be considered making it a "good" choice in a list- the fact you can take it to fill many roles. And that flexibility is worth something to me.

You forgot that from a regular strike cruiser it also has 2 more hits (8 vice 6)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:34:03 PM by Gothmog Lord of Balrogs »
"Give me a thousand men crazy enough to conquer Hell and we shall do it!"
www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com
sepulchreofheroes@gmail.com

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
Hi,
yeah, torps may be 'flexible' like that but it is really a secondary choice given the number of ships you will be fielding.
Forgot to mention the hits indeed, but I did take them into the calculation, thanks.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »
Also, compare it to the Desolator. One thing I forgot to consider is the +1Ld it gets compared to the overlord, yet the strike cruiser gets the amazing LD chart and seemingly doesn't have to pay...

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
Disregard my last post. In forgot the +1ld isn't included in the inq cruiser's points but comes from the Ordo upgrade. I spent some more time comparing and it's hard to see the inq cruiser much more than 240, especially compared to the desolator at 300. The swap from 8 60cm wbs to 4 60cm lances itself would cost 50+pts. The desolator's wbs about even out with the inq cruiser's BCs and the Thunderhawks is worth 6 of the Desolator's 9 torpedoes.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
240 is pretty cheap. This thing should easily handle an Overlord, especially once its closed. I would think at least 250 for price would be appropriate.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2013, 05:12:21 PM »
It also would get stomped by a desolator currently and both are 300 pts. I could go with 250. Remember, of then has to buy the Ordo upgrade.

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
It also would get stomped by a desolator currently and both are 300 pts. I could go with 250. Remember, of then has to buy the Ordo upgrade.

Only if it has to take the Inquisitor. Which reading everything right now, you don't have to take them (unless I am missing something), and then you don't have to take the Ordo upgrades either. Just like admirals in other fleets...

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »
Read under the stats for the ship again. It has to buy an upgrade.

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2013, 11:20:11 PM »
Read under the stats for the ship again. It has to buy an upgrade.

You may want to rephrase that then. The way I read it doesn't come across like that is a requirement for it to buy and INQ and have ordo specific rules, just that ordo rules apply when purchased.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2013, 04:36:08 AM »
I agree, I think we could clarify it. I think the Inquisition Cruiser should be 250pts and have to buy an Ordo upgrade for 25pts unless it has an Inquisitor Lord on board (effectively making it so you don't have to purchase the Ordo twice). If there are no admirals on board of any type, the ship gets +1 to its regularly generated leadership value (just like it used to when the Ordo used to give you that).

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2013, 07:13:43 AM »
I would like to make a small change and ask for some input on something. I think the Heretic us Storm Troopers upgrade should instead be "Celestians Superior" after the most elite Sisters of Battle. I would like to make the Inquisitorial Storm Troopers a basic upgrade that any Inquisition capital ship can take regardless of Ordo. Here's my proposal:

Storm Trooper Strike Force - May take one per Inquisitor in your fleet and they may be on any capital ship. A ship with this upgrade may roll twice and pick the highest result in boarding actions. +15pts

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2013, 11:06:02 AM »
Sounds good. May I suggest the following.

INQ Storm trooper: +015 pts, 1/Inquisitor, may be on any capital ship in the fleet not crewed by Space Marines.

INQ Cruiser Specific:
INQ Cruiser is 250pts and is automatically +1ld if there is no "character" onboard.
If an Inquisitor is onboard, it gains the benefits of the Inquisitor and his ordo (if one is selected). An INQ Cruiser may still select an Ordo upgrade w/out an Inquisitor onboard(maybe this should be @ an additional 5 pts since you didn't pay the 50 pt premium for inquisitor?).
If no Ordo is taken (including that taken by an Inquisitor), an INQ cruiser MUST take INQ Storm troopers. These are taken in addition to the 1/Inquisitor restriction as they are permanently stationed aboard the vessel.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »
Sounds good. So basically then change would be that STSFs can not be put on space marine crewed vessels and an inquisitorial cruiser must have at least one upgrade of either STSFs or an Ordo. It may have both as well.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2013, 08:10:42 PM »
Ok, so what are we going to do about the Inquisitor Lord and Blackship special rules overlap? I still think the re-roll is a good idea and relatively fluffy.

Just a reminder of what I am talking about:
1. Blackship has points integrated into it to have +2 boarding defense and -1 H&Rs against it.
2. If you put an Inquisitor Lord on it, there are wasted points because the Inquisitor lord already gets those upgrades and better.
3. In order to mitigate this and not discourage putting an Inquisitor Lord on a Blackship (or taking Blackships at all for that matter), we could give Inquisitor Lords on a Blackship a reroll, representing the Inquisitor Lord utilizing his own psychic power while coupling with the psykers in the Blackship to divine future events, etc. Also, game-wise, this 25pt re-roll will make up the wasted points spent.

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2013, 10:17:12 PM »
Why not just make him 25 points cheaper on a black ship? Effectively makes it a free reroll if you take a second one or offsets the cost of buying an Ordo.