July 28, 2024, 07:19:12 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Inquisition  (Read 21305 times)

Offline Gothmog Lord of Balrogs

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
Re: BFG:R Inquisition
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
Question, are all the INQ ships Exterminatus capable. I think this should come standard and not have to replace prow weapons. Virus bombs of some sort.
"Give me a thousand men crazy enough to conquer Hell and we shall do it!"
www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com
sepulchreofheroes@gmail.com

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2013, 05:46:29 PM »
Any other thoughts on this before I start editing? I'm going to get the document in better shape and integrated this stuff soon.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 04:59:51 AM »
An Inquisitor can about seize every vessel he wants. Many Inquisitors prefer small transport vessels instead of big warfare, or they just tell a Rogue Trader to 'lend' their ship, etc. I think we should incorporate that in a way. A speciality. Adding an Inq to other fleets while commanding a Cargo Vessel. Heh.

I think you are right on here. That would solve some of the point waste problems when putting an Inquisitor Lord on a Blackship, which can't do H&Rs and begin boarding actions. Allowing the Inquisitors to be on whichever ship they want would solve this.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 05:31:05 AM »
Alright here's proposal #2 with your input in mind!

Recommended Revisions:

Ld 9 Inquisitor 50pts
Ld10 Inquisitor Lord 100pts
-Inquisitor Lords belong to an Ordo. Choose one of the three Ordos that the Inquisitor Lord belongs to an apply the special rules that Ordo provides.

Blackship
-Blackship should not award renown for surviving because that only gives you the reward in campaigns. This should reward VPs if it survives. If it dies, the killer gets an extra 200vps. If the Blackship survives uncrippled and not disengaged, it give the Inquisitor player 200vps.

Grey Knight Battle Barge needs its own page (I have already created it)

Inquisitorial Cruiser (now 270 pts with the following rules)
-1 Inquisitorial Cruiser pre 3 cruisers. Takes the spot of a Grand Cruiser for fleets that use Grand Cruisers.

Ordo Heretius
-+2 to boarding, +1 to H&Rs and -1 to H&Rs against them
-Canoness Superior (function as Secondary Commanders like in the IN fleet)
-Sisters of Battle give the ship +1 to Boarding. +5 pts
-Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (function as Honor Guard without the SM +1) which may be taken on any ship with an Inquisitor or Canoness Superior. +5pts.
-Any Battleship or Inquisitorial Cruiser with an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord on it is considered to be an Exterminator ship or is given the Transport quality, depending on the relevant scenario.
The promary advantage of the Hereticus is in the Sisters of Battle boarding bonus that can be taken, which will make them more powerful in boarding but not too much. Also, the bonus Exterminator or Transport upgrade is the other. This adds to the feel of Hereticus which is all about cleansing Humanity and ultimately needs to invade and often Exterminatus worlds to have this done. The Exterminator upgrade is so... Inquisition...

Ordo Malleus
-Brother-Captain (function as Secondary Commanders like in the IN fleet)
-Grey Knight Purifiers (function as SM Honor Guard) on any ship with a Brother-Captain or an Inquisitor on it.
-Grey Knight Paladins (function as SM Terminators) on any ship with an Inquisitor Lord on it.
-Ordo Malleus ships are immune to the effects of Marks of Chaos and Daemonships.
-A ship led by an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord may take 0-1 Grey Knights Battle Barge and Grey Knights Strike Cruisers instead of regular Strike Cruisers.
Malleus can take Terminators. That's a difference from the Hereticus. Also, this unlocks the Grey Knights options and provides the nice little defences against Chaos.

Ordo Xenos
-Watch Captain (secondary commander exactly like they are in the IN list)
-Deathwatch Kill-team (counts as Honor Guard) may be taken on any capital ship. Ships with Kill-teams always get a +1 to H&Rs caused by their vessel and vessel's ordnance, even when not attacking from an Inquisitor Lord's vessel. +15pts
-Deathwatch First Company (counts as Terminators) may be taken on any vessel with an Inquisitor Lord.
Xenos looks much like Malleus but cannot get the goodies of the Grey Knight fleet. Instead, it gets the Deathwatch Kill-teams upgrade option.

Refits - leave the refits to the Adeptus Mechanicus. Giving Inquisitors the ability to take refits isn't a good idea considering you can put an Inquisitor on an Admech battleship. I have changed my mind on this. Also, it keeps things simple to not have them

*The last page in the 2010 Inquisition document can be simplified greatly into quick bullet points. It doesn't need to be so dang big and bloated.
*No more general "Inquisition Strike Cruiser" because it makes sense that Deathwatch wouldn't make a fleet out of them.
*The Ordos have been cleaned up a bit to look a little more like a Space Marine upgrade and allow for more options to be taken relating to that Ordo. Each Ordo has some advantage over the other as referenced above.
*There will need to be a rule that says that Inquisitor Lord boarding an H&R upgrades do not stack with Space Marine special rules.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:23:27 AM by afterimagedan »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 06:43:30 AM »
Seems fine at this first glance.

Is there a note that says that an Inquisitor may take on of the special Inq vessels? The InqCruiser mentions that it takes the spot of Grand Cruisers.

Plus: if we get around doing special character vessels compendium I do insist on adding the Shadow of Vengeance from the Book of Nemesis.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »
Is there a note that says that an Inquisitor may take on of the special Inq vessels? The InqCruiser mentions that it takes the spot of Grand Cruisers.

Not sure what you mean. If you are saying what I think you are saying, I think there should be a note about being able to take 0-1 Blackships if an Inquisitor leads your fleet and the 1:3 InqCruisers per cruiser restriction.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2013, 08:07:27 AM »
Just like that.  ;)

Offline afterimagedan

Re: Re: BFG:R Inquisition
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »
Seems fine at this first glance.

Plus: if we get around doing special character vessels compendium I do insist on adding the Shadow of Vengeance from the Book of Nemesis.

Put in on the list of ships for ASC 2.0

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2013, 05:36:40 AM »
Anyone against those proposed changes?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2013, 05:42:27 AM »
Not at this point.  :)

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2013, 05:45:01 AM »
Glad you're on board Horizon.  8)

If we don't hear any dissenters, we can vote on the whole package deal, I can format the document, and then we can review again.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2013, 07:00:14 AM »
OK, when compared to strike cruisers and Imperial battle cruisers, the Inquisitorial cruiser is overpriced. It should be 240pts and it should have to purchase an Ordo upgrade for 25pts if it does not have an Inquisitorial lord on board. This will make it so it does not have to double pay for the Ordo upgrade anymore. Can someone also try some price calculating on it and some comparisons?

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2013, 07:18:44 AM »
Okay comparing to the BFG R Overlord (220 points)
Inq cruiser has same WB but is 5cm faster and 6+ armour all round (that is a big one!)
As well it has 6x30 Bombardment cannons while the overlord has 2x60cm lances. The bombardment cannons will only ever roll 2 dice min against a capital ship (15-30cm abeam). And they are better at critical damage. Sure less range but seem just a little more powerfull, and can be way more powerfull in the right situation. AND it can flexibly switch between TH and torpedoes and while it has to pay for additional upgrades, that tactical flexibility provided can mean alot.
So 240 pts seems a little underpriced to me. To get all that, especially 6+ allround, for only +20 points?

Maybe 255?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:21:27 AM by Gothmog Lord of Balrogs »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:13 AM »
Hey,
it cannot switch freely between T-Hawks & torpedoes.

Stacked up from a regular Strike Cruiser:
edit: +2 hits
+1 shield
-45* turns
+8wb@double range
+3bc

From that point of view 95pts is a steep curve. (145->240)

I would not undervalue the long range lances of the Overlord. It means that ship can stay abeam from farther away. Plus 6+ armour means nothing to a lance.
So I would say, given the restricted aspect of the Inq_sc and the need for upgrades 240pts is a nice value.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:47:53 PM by horizon »