August 02, 2024, 09:22:54 AM

Author Topic: 3-Up Chaos Cruiser  (Read 2144 times)

Offline guillermooctavio

• Lurker
    • Loc: Guatemala
3-Up Chaos Cruiser
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
After years of search, finally got my own 3-Up Chaos Cruiser!

1. Does anyone know how many of this were made? As far as I know, they were sent out to the first stores that ordered a full shipment of BFG boxes when the game was initially released, but that's all I know.

2. I want to play with it, and I would like suggestions for stats. I was thinking in a pre-heresy uber dreadnought or someting like that... Is so big I think it deserves it... The model has 2 lances, 2 weapons battery and 2 dorsal lances, regretfully does not have launch bays, so it cannot be a Battlebarge...

Regards,

Guillermo.

Offline Mallich

Re: 3-Up Chaos Cruiser
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »
The model has 2 lances, 2 weapons battery and 2 dorsal lances, regretfully does not have launch bays, so it cannot be a Battlebarge...
The unofficial "Space Marines Fleets" list (20101023) has options for a "Venerable Battle Barge". These represent ancient vessels, sometimes pre-heresy warships, which the chapter uses as a battle barge. Since you can select "any Imperial or Chaos battleship, grand cruiser, battlecruiser or heavy cruiser (painted appropriately of course!)"* it can still be a venerable Battle Barge even though it lacks the launch bays, it just can't be a normal battle barge. It can't include any non-Marine refits/upgrades.
Unfortunately, though, the only imperial/chaos battleship that I can find which has port/starboard lances and port/starboard weapon batteries and dorsal lances is the special "Ark Mechanicus" "Omnissiah's Victory", but I'm not completely sure if you can take that without the Adeptus Mechanicus upgrades.

*It doesn't specifically say that you can't select the Planet Killer, but if you do you'll be quite rightly called out on it.  ;D

Offline guillermooctavio

• Lurker
    • Loc: Guatemala
Re: 3-Up Chaos Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
Already have a Venerable Battlebarge with my SM Chapter... An Emperor... I was thinkinig in something like taking the stats of the Chaos Hulk as base, removing the Fighters/Bombers/Dreadclaws and givin it more speed and firepower