August 03, 2024, 05:23:18 AM

Author Topic: Message from the administration: "We are Concerned."  (Read 2014 times)

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Message from the administration: "We are Concerned."
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:02:46 PM »
Hi,

"We are Concerned."

Is what I've been told.

BFG is the biggest drive on this board, heck it is the biggest BFG forum, and yet the last days, and while it started reasonable today it got drained again, it is bad marketing for Battlefleet Gothic.
We see discussions with badmouthing, dragging persons names through the mud and other non-cool stuff.

That is just bad. We should be an example how a community can keep supporting a game like BFG in a good way.

Discussion is fine.

Calling an idea a bad idea is fine.
Calling someone who proposed a bad idea a bad person is wrong.

You get the gist.

Any violations from now on will see a temporary ban.

As was ordered by the higher ups.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:08:49 PM by horizon »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Message from the administration: "We are Concerned."
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »
 >:(

Offline Thinking Stone

• Loc: The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit
Re: Message from the administration: "We are Concerned."
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
Thank you for bringing this to the boards' attentions, Horizon! I think it is really important that we keep this site civil and considerate. For me, the excellent behaviour on these forums was one of the main reasons for me joining and I really like the fact that BFG players from all over the world can discuss a cool game without fear of bullying and/or bad language.

It is really important that we remember the person is not the sum of their posts: behind every comment is a real person who might be having a bad day or who might just lack skill with mathematics and have made a small mistake. They deserve a fair go to make themselves heard and have a useful discussion with others in a place they can feel comfortable in.

PS: Delete this post as necessary, O Moderator. I was just expressing my exhortation to keep this place a great place  :)