October 06, 2024, 05:23:46 PM

Author Topic: (BFG) Da Squig Pak  (Read 58732 times)

Offline Markconz

• Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
Re: Da Squig Pak
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 11:56:11 PM »
Great creative stuff - very nice!

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 05:26:07 AM »
Thanks, I just wish my skills matched my creativity.  I think it is a problem most of us have!

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 05:07:48 PM »
Ere we go, ere we go.  Ok I don’t have a lot to show, but I have made some progress!  I’m really liking the Dakka Boat.  She is coming together me thinks.  My mind has been on painting, but I have to resist and finish the builds first. So I went back and flipped the side exhaust chambers over yet again.  The habstack that sits on top of the exhaust pipe needs a bit of cleaning up (I seem to have a hard time getting crisp edges with green stuff, I’m going to go back and work on it with a razor knife), and I’ve got a few more tweaks and she should be “good to go”.  Oh I still need to hit the caution bars on the prow ram plate and bash it up a bit.   Sure is a lot of love for a 25 point model.  Oh well it’s the nature of Da Beast!

Here is a side by side shot for scale.

And this shot I just thought looked kind of cool.

Here is Da Mugga.  Now I’m a little lost with dis ship.  It’s the top deck.  I went away from my original idea of having a submarine looking bridge, and opted for jus a big gun.  I figured the bridge would be in the roof above it.  I’d build a round window and make it look like an eye of sorts.  It doesn’t feel quite right so I’m thinking I’m going to scrap it and start over.  The good news is the bits can be used latter on other projects.  The big building behind the big gun I’m thinking is going to get cut off and replaced with what I envision to be some giant looking factory.  With pipes sticking up and then a return to a bridge at the front.  We will see.  Over all I don’t think it’s bad, it’s just not what it wants to be.  It’s on the tip of me tongue I just need to work it out.  At any rate thanks for reading and sharing in me ship madness.  Any ideas are more than welcomed and  thank you for the work you guys are doing with the BFG:R Orks!  Please take Proppa care of me boyz! 

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »
A little more progress.  I’ve really struggled with the top deck on Da Mugga.  I’ve tried a few different things but nothing has made Da Big Boss real happy so far, but I think I’m on to something here.  As I look at this big engine beast I’m starting to think “Cult of Speed” so she may end up a Evil Suns ship.  I need to add more guns, and perhaps a few more small buildings you know she needs some more gubbins to finish her off as  I still have a little room left.  I like the idea of all the scrap piled on the prow, but as I look at the build I’m real close to cutting it off and having that area be flat.  You know it’s chasing that feeling, that perfect look that will please my eye.  Although the other side of me brain is saying add more scrap to Da Prow.  Ahhhhhhh decisions, decisions.  At any rate  I think I’ve turned a corner with this build and I’m hoping it is downhill from here.   At any rate thanks for looking and any comments and or recommendations are always helpful.  Thanks!

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 06:04:40 AM »
Had not seen your thread before. Will chime in and say that your wonderful, creative builds are the very pinnacle of Orkyness and brought a smile to my face...

Tim

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
Jesus Christ that is awesome! Big improvement over the existing models!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »
Time for Gun_wun to return I say.

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »
Thank you guys for all of the kind words in regards to me builds.  You sure know how to make a Git feel at home!  I’m working in me scrap yard I just haven’t got anything really worth showing you at the moment.  I’ve started work on a DeathDeala and it is hurting me brain a bit.  I read the SG site everyday ( Dem Blood Axes are always closer than you think , gotta watch fer that silent running) and am watching BFG:R develop (keep taking care of me boys please!) Thanks! 

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »
Pictures or it didn't happen!

By the way, kinda off topic, and a very n00b question, but what if 'BFG:R'?

Offline Islacrusez

• Loc: Plymouth, United Kingdom
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 05:25:53 PM »
^Pics or it didn't happen indeed!

And BFG:R is the BattleFleet Gothic Revamp/Revisited/Rework project. Originally was going to include a ruleset, but the reigns were eventually taken up by someone who is doing the a ship rebalance only.
Quite crucial to be able to tell minefields and rally points apart...

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »
Is there any discussion section or teasers or anything about that out there already? :)

Offline Armiger84

• Loc: Boston, MA
    • De Bellis Futuris
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 01:04:16 AM »
@Malika

http://afterimagedan.blogspot.nl/p/as-any-of-you-know-i-am-supporter-and.html

The finished lists are in the finished section, the WIP lists, well, yeah.  Not much is left to tweak at this point.  Khar's been working on Orks, and there's been a team working on Bakka.  Inquisition is nearing a vote, and beyond that, it's clean-up stuff mostly.

Though I haven't commented much, I absolutely love your work on these ships, Gun_wun.  If I ever revisit [my brother's] Ork fleet, I get the feeling I'll be borrowing heavily from you and your designs.
My modelling blog:  http://armiger84.blogspot.com

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 04:32:21 AM »
And two busy people are doing Rogue Traders.  :P

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 04:31:41 PM »
Pictures or it didn’t happen?  I’m assuming that means you’d like to see pictures? (or you guys just have me thinking big of myself now)  All things in time, when I get around this design corner I will throw it at you guys.  Until den me Big boss says keep it under yer hat (or else).  I wasn’t supposed to even be building a ship of this scale until I finished me Rams.  A friend of mine in Austria got me side tracked and thinking about bigger things and now I’m lost in a prow battle.  I’m sure you know the drill when it’s on the tip of your tongue, but you just can’t pull it off.  I want something worthy to show you guys, not a bunch of half way it’s going to be this I think sort of stuff.  So when it’s time it will be time………………  Dats the problem wif dem Blood Axes we don’t rush in like normal Orks see.  The Boss says it’s all about timing and delivery!

Offline Islacrusez

• Loc: Plymouth, United Kingdom
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
The Boss says it’s all about timing and delivery!

I have this image of an Ork with a hand grenade and a pocketwatch, pulling the pin as he explains it's about "timing", watching the seconds go past, and with the words "and delivery" as he throws it. A few limbs come flying back over or around whichever edge (wall, corner, trench, door, etc) he's thrown it behind as it explodes on impact.
Quite crucial to be able to tell minefields and rally points apart...