October 06, 2024, 05:23:56 PM

Author Topic: (BFG) Da Squig Pak  (Read 58733 times)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: Da Squig Pak
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
I love seeing these come together.

True kit bashing.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2014, 08:35:14 PM »
Cool to see the 'damaged hole as an eye' here! Very cool. Do you have a photo of the complete ship? The thing I'm kinda worried about is that the ship will have to be longer. The part you're showing now seems to be its 'head', but it would still need a 'body' (main hull) and a 'tail' (thrusters). Got the feeling that the head will simply get thrusters shoved in its back without there being the rest of the body, which is kinda a shame is this is going to be a cruiser sized ship.
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »
Hey Malika, there is a initial concept sketch on pg3 and about half way down on pg3 is the whole ship.  Well at least how it was then.  It’s slightly changing over time.  Right now the build is coming in at 9.5 cm and it is supposed to be a battleship.  A “Death Dealer” to be exact.  Although as I build I worry it may end up becoming a Dreadnaught!  I’m really trying to stay with a Battleship as I’ve got this Hulk idea…….. and well it’s a lot of models to build to support something bigger than a battleship.  In a lot of ways I’m keeping the motivation up and in other ways I’m missing some of my other projects.  Ok, back on topic, yes it’s “da ead of da beast” that you are seeing.  I’ve allowed room for the main hull and the tail.  It will be a little crammed but I want a Pit Bull, lingcod, bad headed Munga thing feel.  The rear is going to be narrower and topped off with a Ork Supper Hive, Hanga town, and Gun city.  I’m contemplating building down from under the ship too, but as I was saying before I’m slowly running out of Squig juice for this project.  Thanks for the input it really helps a git think deeper about things and know you’ll be on my mind the next time I sit at me desk!  Oh, and thanks Stormwind for the kind words……………..       

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »
Hmm, don't worry about the size too much. You could have a battleship, super battleship (or 'heavy battleship) and then a dreadnought, heavy/super dreadnought, followed by 'unidentifiable'. ;)

What about ordnance, got anything planned for torpedoes, fighta bommaz, boarding pods, etc?

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »
Ya, I know many people have said don’t worry about the scale in BFG it’s more about the base size.  You know there is just something about working to a criteria that takes building to another level.  Now, don’t get me wrong I’ve pretty much always been a “Black Sheep”, but this size thing I find intriguing and sort of inspiring.  I got huge personal satisfaction out of placing my Brute Ram ships next to the GW ones.  They were the same scale, yet I’d  rather drive mine.  It makes one feel good, you know.  So I’m really trying to stay as close to 9 cm as possible for me battleship.  We will see as we get deeper into this project.  As far as the other grubbins, I’ve got some bullets that I’m using to represent torps, ( there is a set on me prow blasta, I think they represent pretty well)  and if you look at the round holes on the port/starboard sides you’ll see a bunch of torps smiling at ya…………………  I’ve got dis secret project in regards to me fighta bommaz but if I told you about it Da Boss would throw me back in da drops so me mouth is tight on dat one (scratching his head and nervously looking over his shoulder).  I’m seriously considering what to do with da underside of da ship.  I’m thinking lotz of belly guns and droppy things…….  We’ll see when we get there.  Right on Malika, thanks for the conversation.  I’m planning on getting some bitz from ya soon, I just Am kind of waiting to see what happens with those cool ships yer building first.  Take care!

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
Da boss sents mu dwn ere to figr why dis ant dun yat...

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »
Well ya see, Da Boss gotz his Hobhounds dat needs tending, and ez allfa crazy about iz new gunwaggons.  See?  Den dare is dis fing about new Big shootas on da prow cauz dem GW gits might take ta fight in words if Da Boss makes his mind up to copy dat ship for other gitz.  It’s complicated sorta like squig breeding.  Get me point?

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
Ok den, I’z been working on Tanks and Fings cause Dat what Da Big Boss wanted see.  Of late he’s been fly-in about and putting a pretty good Krump-in on dem ova Space Gits.  So get dis, Da Boss comes down to me Mek Shak and says “More…….”  Sure Boss (me thinking I’z gotz dis)  Big Wagons?  Gun Wagons? What-cha want-in Boss?  He den raises his big tattooed fist and points towards da roof.  Den in dat voice dat no grot wants ta hear he grumbles where’s me Ships………  Ships?  Ya useless Git, you said tanks (me thinking to me self.  I didn’t make it this far by being dim you see…………….)  “SHIPS!” he says again.  Now I know real well when da Boss says some fing twice it’s usually big trouble fer someone. (I jump up and out of boot rage; frantically pointing at drawings up on da wall.)  Like dis Boss, what about dis one?  He gives me dis hard look that lasts a squigs life den he says, “Yup, SHIPS…………………………  And lotz of doze flyers too!”  Sure fing Masta.  I already gotz it go-in on. I say ( in me best confident voice, although it’s hard to sound big when yer leaking yourself).

So I’z been working on da re-fits fer da “Jabber Nak”. Da Gob has been a bit of tail chasing.  I’m liking dis wun so far, but I’z finking dat I may do another run at it.  It’s ok, but not there.  I still needs ta take a few more runs an add a few more levels it’s at about 50% in dis pic.  Da good news is it’s magnetized so swapping it is not a big issue.  Hmmmmmmmmm time will tell.

Although it does look kind of nice and toofy.  I needs ta clean up a few of dem teef, but it could work me finks.  Da Boss is a bit particular about Gobs.  It’s got ta be a good un fer sure.

Den dare is da Savages.  Day is pretty raw at dis point, but I’z gotz me a basic outline.  Da Boss wanted dem all grinda and smashy like.  I’z building engines n pipes an finking about top decks n grubbins.  Day is gonna be fun me finks.

Dis is one idea see.  I used a top deck from me Bad Moon Brute juz to get a feel fer scale.  I don’t fink me engine piece wif exhausts is gonna work as da pipes is a bit weedy.   Da fun part is da finking aboutz it.  What will you be big fish?  Ok den I gotz to go gets somefing.  I’z gonna be right back.  Don’t move about too much as da Boss might hear ya an dat would be bad.

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »
Ok den.  So I’z working away smiling an talking to me self.  Fly Boyz da Boss says.  I can do dat me finks.  I too saw “Deff Skwadron” and got all excited like.  So I start building dreaming of filling da sky wif fighta bommas like a Rippa Squig swarm!

Day is a smidge big, but not too bad me finks.  Fiddly lil fings day is.  I’z got 8 different types and plan on making different weapon loads fer each one.  Time consuming like putting studs on me leather jacket like when I was a wee grot! 

Da good news I’z gotz lotz of dem.  We’z gonna swarm when I’z done!  Now da problem is I needs ta make weapon loads and paint dem.  What did I do to me self.  I guess dat’s a heap betta dan deal-in wif Da Big Boss’s bad side.

Speaking of Da big Boss’s bad side (ever eat Grot Stew?  It’s not bad unless yer on da ingredient list.  Den it may not be too bad either as long as yer eating hole isn’t cooked up yet; dat is.)  At any rate I wanted to make sure I stay in good likings so I threw in some Assault Boats fer good mesure.  I know I’m going to need a heap of Fighta bomas, but I’m not sure how many Assault Boats I’m gonna need.  Any ideas, as I know there are far more experienced players on dis list dan dis Grot.  Ok den Dat’s it fer me fer now.  As always thank you fer reading dis long post.  Comments, criticism are always welcome and helpful see.  (closes big rusted iron door with a slam.  The glyph “ZOG OFF” painted in red high lights the large door like an attack squig.) 

Offline Ole

• TTT
    • Loc: Hamburg
Da Squig Pak
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2014, 05:02:55 AM »
You are talking to your self because i am just speachless! Just amazing!

Ole

But our princess is in another castle!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2014, 01:22:05 PM »
Bloody good show!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2014, 01:30:24 PM »
Wooohoooo, you're back! :D

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »
Thanks fer all da support Lads!

Offline NoisyAssassin

• Loc: Madison, WI
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »
Now dese is sum right proppa SHIPS! Da Boss'll be 'appy wiv 'em fer sures.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!  ;D

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »
Having found my way to the Squig Bunker this weekend I finally got to see this ships in the flesh.. I must say they are even better in person, i was in awe at how much detail was on every centimeter of his scratch builds. It was good to see how someone else does it. Can't wait till this is monster is complete.

Blind-