August 01, 2024, 03:18:52 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Light Cruisers  (Read 44328 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG:R Light Cruisers
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
1 Launch bay per side, 2 torps, 2 WB FLR, a-boats, +1 turret. I would go with that.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »
I think 100pts without the assault boats and extra turret would be fine also.

Where do all the other light cruisers fit in with this then? The Dauntless has never been over priced but its seriously starting to feel under defended for its cost. The Siluria feels even worse as its under defended and under gunned.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:02:24 PM by AndrewChristlieb »
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 07:03:14 PM »
I would support that but I think the +5 for a turret would be  better in my opinion. I think it would match the extra turret for carriers idea as well and it wouldn't trump the Dictator in AC/pts.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »
I could see the defiant at 110 with the extra turret. It follows the pattern of IN carriers having a premium.

I wouldn't touch the other CL. The dauntless has never had a problem and the lack of defense has always been a downside for the consirable speed, maneuverability, and firepower it brings for the price.

If the dauntless is suddenly feeling off then it indicates that we have power creep happening and we should rethink this change rather than change other ships.
-Vaaish

Offline Khar

• Loc: Frozen Wastes of Poland
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 07:18:59 PM »
I have doubts about 3rd turret. In itself it's ok, but seeing that both in Bakka and Admech it would have 4, while One of the Admech gifts can raise it to 6... I'm not sure if it's right for a light cruiser.

Just my opinion, though, I can live with extra turret.

I'd also be against touching Dauntless - it's fine as it is. If tests show that it's became weaker than Voss cruisers, it means they need nerfing - Dauntless doesn't need improving.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 07:20:14 PM »
I will have to play some more games with the Endeavor line but so far, I don't suspect the Dauntless will feel off at all, especially with their immense prow firepower.  I support 105 with the additional turret/ABs or the 110 with the additional turret and ABs.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »
The extra turret will give it 4 in the AdMech fleet.... zing.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »
No the Dauntless should remain the same but we definitely need to test these changes to make sure theyre accurate to the Dauntless. Although the Daunt does have a powerful prow its still pretty equal to the Voss's in overall firepower. The problem to me is does the extra speed really compare to the extra turret and prow armor? Hum....

Anyway on the Bakka question the Defiant wouldnt be able to go past 3 turrets anyway, being that its not from Bakka it cant take the Bakka upgrades.

Admech Defiant could get to 6 with FDT tho o_O.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »
The strike range of the Dauntless is what counts then. It is a nice 55cm, compared to the 50cm of the Voss CL. And 3 lances pop the prow armour, so in a 1:1 duel the lance Dauntless does not care in that regards.
And 6 torp Dauntless has such an aggressive attack strength the Voss CL just cannot compare to.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »
So do we want to go with 105 plus the turret?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2013, 09:44:46 PM »
That seems fine, Id be more inclined to price it the same as the others tho especially considering that even with its bays being half str they should still be worth more than a full str weapons or lance battery.   

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 02:35:05 AM »
110pts, 1 Launch bay per side, 2 torps, 2 WB FLR, +1 turret. Good?

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2013, 03:00:50 AM »
Sure
-Vaaish

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2013, 04:06:50 AM »
I'm fine with that. However, if the notion of a 4 turret AM Defiant is a bit iffy (not to mention a 6 turret FDT monster which is easily achievable since you only need to roll up one FDT and just assign it to your Defiant), then possibly go the a-boat route rather than the turret route. Not as powerful certainly, but I think slightly more credible since it gives a reason for the lower than expected bay strength. Besides, at 2 turrets the Endeavour series CLs are already slightly over the odds.

To reiterate though, I'm fine with it. The Defiant is an annoying piece of shit and I could certainly live with this slightest of discrepancies to put it to bed.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013, 04:19:44 AM »
The Defiant is an annoying piece of shit and I could certainly live with this slightest of discrepancies to put it to bed.

CLASSIC Sig. Love it. I put up the vote for the additional turret one. If people prefer the A-boat one, vote "no, needs more work."