August 03, 2024, 09:23:52 PM

Poll

How should the Gifts of the Omnissiah look in BFG:R?

We should keep the rules for gifts how they are in 2010 Compendium.
0 (0%)
We should adopt the gift pool method as shown in the first post and not allow further gift choosing options.
7 (63.6%)
We should adopt the gift pool method as shown in the first post and work on further gift choosing options.
0 (0%)
We should construct a gift buying system like the old BFG:R (link posted on first post)
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 06, 2013, 09:44:11 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Vote 44: Adeptus Mechanicus Gifts 2  (Read 16638 times)

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: BFG:R Vote 44: Adeptus Mechanicus Gifts 2
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »
*Jumps in* Well, what if keeping with its Emergency theme EER has an additional preventative measure: it reduces the crippled threshold to 1/4, rounding up. The ADmech CLs benefit especially, giving them an extra hit before really becoming a points drain. Or is this too much?
And/or, and this is a small one, give a bonus to repair dice.

-Duke

Ya a CL gets +1 before crip bur a cruiser is +2 and a BB will take 9 to cripple!

This is heading in a good direction tho, how about weapons turrets shields@ 75% when crippled and the ship adds one hit point? It's subtle but this pushes the cripple threshold up slightly without being overwhelming on the battleships and adds an additional die to repair all in one. 

I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Talos

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »
Nice touch, Andrewchristlieb. That's starting to look more appetizing... :P

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »
I like where that's going too but it could use a name change in this case. Maybe something to do with structure.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2013, 08:21:38 PM »
Hmm, how long does the effect take place of EER then? And how do you play it:
My ship has been crippled for three turns (Lunar on 3 hits), then I go on EER, regain 2 hits for that turn and can shoot as if I where uncrippled again?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »
Huh? No your Lunar would have 9 hits, once you hit 4 remaining your crippled and drop 5cm speed and -25% to weapons, shields, turrets. Clearly theres wording issues?

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2013, 01:17:13 AM »
how about: a vessel with EER becomes crippled when it has less than 50% of its starting hits remaining. Once crippled the vessel's blah blah blah are reduced to 75% instead of 50%.

A CL becomes crippled on hit 4, CA at hit 5, CG at hit 6, and a BB at hit 7
-Vaaish

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:04 AM »
I like that.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2013, 02:55:47 AM »
Emergency Energy Reserves: The ship must lose more than 50% of its hit points to be crippled, the ship reduces its turrets, shielding, and weapons strength to 75% instead of 50%. The vessel still counts as crippled in every other respect.

Advanced Engines: The ship gains +5cm speed, reduces the minimum distance to turn by 5cm, and add +1D6 when on All Ahead Full special orders. The ship adds +1 to its leadership when  attempting All Ahead Full, Come To New Heading or Burn Retros special orders.

Advanced Shielding: (Advanced ECM?) Enemy weapon batteries firing on the vessel suffer a right shift on the weapon battery chart. All lances firing on this vessel hit on a 5+ instead of 4+.

Fleet Defense Turrets: A vessel with Fleet Defense Turrets adds 2 to their turret value and any friendly vessels within 15cm may reroll misses with turrets.

Gyro-stabilized Targeting Matrix: Ship weapons are reduced to 75% instead of 50% when on All Ahead Full, Come To New Heading or Burn Retros special orders. Nova Cannons still may not fire. The ship may reroll 1s while firing its weaponry if it is not on lock-on special orders.

Augmented Weapon Relays: Weapon batteries shift left on the gunnery table. Lance hits count as double
on rolls of a 6.

Well then... this sound about right folks?

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2013, 03:19:04 AM »
Perfect.   ;D  Amazing.

Offline Talos

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2013, 03:26:00 AM »
Awesome stuff, guys...small question: now that we have the gifts included (seems like that's the avenue people are taking), we need to increase the ships prices by a fair margin; we have increased the average gift power level after all.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2013, 03:57:07 AM »
ok now we need to go over the gifts and decide if everything there needs to be there. For instance, does Advanced engines need the +1 tests with everything else it has in there? Or does FDT need the two bonus turrets if everyone is rerolling? Does the ship with FDT get to reroll turrets?

Stuff like that. More sometime unless I get too tired.
-Vaaish

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2013, 05:27:22 AM »
The way it is written the vessel within 15cm does not gain 2 extra turrets, it only gets a re-roll.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2013, 05:44:10 AM »
Part of me thinks we should make the advanced shielding a -1 to all lance rolls because of how phantom lances will work against it. Other than tat, it looks great.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »
Part of me thinks we should make the advanced shielding a -1 to all lance rolls because of how phantom lances will work against it. Other than tat, it looks great.

Heh, no, that's great, give the locked-on DE a bonus.  8) Besides, at a -1 to the roll a Necron particle whip wouldn't be able to auto-penetrate shields.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
Good point on the particle whip.