August 03, 2024, 11:18:51 PM

Author Topic: BFG Versions - confusion reigns  (Read 2394 times)

Offline schwager

• The Art of Schwager
BFG Versions - confusion reigns
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »
Hi all

I haven't played any BFG in years, but recently some friends of mine have expressed an interest in the game. So I decided to repair and repaint (still early WIP) my Imperial and Chaos fleets, and maybe even continue building my RT fleet and some others.

The one thing that's really holding me back at the moment, however, is my utter confusion in regards to the BFG rules. I'm just a bit unsure about which is the most current and/or official version of the game.
Is there any chance you guys could make a sticky (or something to that effect) that lists all the previous and current edition of the rules? Like a version history if you will (including in-development stuff).

I've got all the files from the GW website and also downloaded the 2010 FAQ (is that official?). I guess that's a good starting point, but please let me know if I'm missing something.

Also, in regards to the BFG:R project.
I'm rather intrigued by this and tried to do some reading up on what's happening there... but since I didn't jump in on this from the start, I'm all confused about what's happening there as well. And there's just so much to catch up on.
So I thought maybe you could put up some sort of master thread (sticky) that details the development, where it's at, and how people (even casual gamers like me) can get involved.

Apologies if some of these questions have been answered before. I did have a good look around, but couldn't really find them anywhere... but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough.

Anyway, thank you all very much in advance for you assistance.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:37:44 PM by schwager »

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG Versions - confusion reigns
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:41:33 PM »
The stuff from the GW site as well as the 2010 rules are widely accepted.

BFG:R (BFG:Revised) is a community voting based revision to the game. We are voting on new fleet lists mainly, and fixes that the majority of the community that contributes sees as positive revisions.

Master thread at the beginning of BFG:R restarting: Finishing BFG:R Thread

List of BFG:R Documents and voted changes.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:01:32 PM »
Hi Mr. Schwager,  :)

As Dan said: GW s site is still official. Faq 2010 is made by the official rules committee, but GW doesn't want to use it.

All other is unofficial. BFG:R is biggest at the moment. Eldar MMS perhaps the oldest fan made rules still being in use, maintained and widely accepted. BFG:R took it on board as well.

Offline schwager

• The Art of Schwager
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 08:18:30 PM »
Thank you for your quick replies, Dan and Roy. Much appreciate it :)

I still think having all those links (GW rules, FAQ, BFG:R site and threads) all in one prominent sticky would be awesome. Saves the next confused guy, or someone totally new to the game, to trawl through the entire forum or ask the same questions again. Just a thought.

Got a weekend of fixing and painting my fleets planned, so hopefully I'll have some pictures of my work up before too long.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
'Kay kay. I'll have something up tomorrow.  :)

Offline schwager

• The Art of Schwager
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »
Thank you, sir. You're a legend!

Now anyone who wants to know about the game can be directed to that sticky. Beautiful :)

Another quick question, though:
The 2010 FAQ I have seems to have all the PDFs in one single file. Would that be the same version as the one you've linked, or are there different ones around?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:37:13 AM »
iirc there was a single document of it.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
there are different versions floating around, some confusion occured when one poped up on Warseer a couple days ago
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.