August 04, 2024, 01:20:03 PM

Poll

Should the rules listed in the first post be adopted into BFG:R?

Yes, make it official.
6 (100%)
No, needs more work.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: February 26, 2013, 08:47:40 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Vote 41: Relictor, Desecrator, Conqueror, Wages of Sin  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Brethren

Re: BFG:R Vote 41: Relictor, Desecrator, Conqueror, Wages of Sin
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
Those berserkers are too much . A flat +2 over the +2 given by CSM? I could possibly see it as a once per game thing, but otherwise it's too powerful. Even a flat +1 is quite strong (as evidenced by Nids with their BM rule).

Blame the guy who put that rule into FAQ2010. :P
Is there to fear that there will be a hoard of new Conquerors out there if we just go with it as it is? I don't get how one unique ship will mess up things that bad.

Meh, back to something constructive. As always, I'm just going to drop some ideas and see what happens.
  • The Conqueror should have the Berzerker Tide power regardless in which fleet it is.
    But since that power is automatically availiable to any capital ship in a Khorne Fleet (FAQ2010) and it comes at zero cost, its hardly a replacement for the +2 bonus.
  • Scavenging BFG:RPlaxor TM I found the following powers for khorny daemon ships that could work as a replacement:
    • Eternal Hatred (+20pts) ≙ the Relentless quality -> roll 2D6 for boarding, pick the highest.
      Still badass, but not as bad as plain +2.
    • Blood Lust (+15pts) -> ship automatically passes Ld tests for AAF and may re-roll the dice for the distance.
      Not a boarding bonus per se, but sure scary as hell when you add in the Improved Thrusters.  ;D

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: BFG:R Vote 41: Relictor, Desecrator, Conqueror, Wages of Sin
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 02:04:42 PM »
That blood lust would be the perfect addition to a Khorne fleet, and Khorne was oddly the only fleet with just one special ability in the FAQ...
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.