September 11, 2024, 06:12:30 PM

Author Topic: Endeavor, Endurance, Defiant in IN Fleet  (Read 1607 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Endeavor, Endurance, Defiant in IN Fleet
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:38:04 AM »
People seem to refer to these light cruisers in the AdMech fleet. Anyone have anything to say about using the in the IN fleet, especially as opposed to the Dauntless?

Offline Koshi

Re: Endeavor, Endurance, Defiant in IN Fleet
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
Well, I use them in my Bastion Fleet as a light battle squadron. Two Endeavours with one Endurance, all with 6+ Bow. Cheap and not so bad. Or squadroning with Lunar/Gothic/Armageddon/Tyrant.

Defiant squadrons with Dictators. Nice for adding 2 hangars and 2 lances. Like them.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »
Ya i like them as 'mini' standard cruisers. With the 6+ prow they can squadron with other cruisers at no penalty unlike the Daunt. Their slower speed lends itself nicely to that also. Defiants tho im a bit on the edge about, with a Defiant/Dictator combo you can just about get an Emperor and with two Defiants your better off grabbing a Dictator. I feel that theyre better suited to either small games or maybe raid scenarios than as a line cruiser. I havent tried the bfg-r Defiant yet tho so it may be better now.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:18:22 PM »
I never used them until the 2010 FAQ dropped the price. Before then it just didnt make sense for what you got. Since then I've used them in a few different fleets as alternatives to the dauntless to give a different style. They usually work best in pairs for the s16 web to a side. I also like pairing them with Lunars to boost battery strength and torpedoes while using the larger cruiser to block fire on the cl. S14 batteries and s8 torps are nice. On their own, two endeavor and one endurance is an alright squadron.

They aren't my first choice but I do like to swap for flavor and the extra turret is nice.

I don't much like the BFGR price, I get the prow is included but I like it as an option rather than included.
-Vaaish