September 11, 2024, 08:11:42 PM

Author Topic: What Next for My Chaos  (Read 2085 times)

Offline ElectricPaladin

• Burning Zeppelin Experience
What Next for My Chaos
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
Now, when I first started playing Chaos, it was only because I got a bunch of Chaos ships with the BFG lot I bought at a flea market. Initially, I wasn't going to expand it at all beyond the purchase of three cruisers and a battleship to make it comprable to my Imperial fleet (because I figured that I wasn't going to meet a lot of opponents who already had their own fleets).

As it turns out, however, my only local opponent only plays Imperial, so my Chaos fleet is looking a lot more appealing. While I definitely love the unstoppable steamroller that is the Imperial fleet, there's also something fun about Chaos's speed, mobility, and long-range weapons.

Given my current collection, what do you think I'll get the most play out of when the time comes to expand this collection?

â€¢ Desolation-Class Battleship
ʉۢ Stxy-Class Heavy Cruiser
ʉۢ 2 Slaughter-Class Cruisers
ʉۢ 6 Infidel-Class Raiders
ʉۢ 3 Idolator-Class Raiders

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: What Next for My Chaos
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:48:34 PM »
Hey, I guess you mean desolator bb.

Most obvious what you need is more standard cruisers. Carnages are excellent choices to use along the desolator and Styx. I guess others will tell you to add more carriers (devastation) but I use 1 Styx up to 1750 pts in my renegade fleet.

Offline ElectricPaladin

• Burning Zeppelin Experience
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »
Hey, I guess you mean desolator bb.

Most obvious what you need is more standard cruisers. Carnages are excellent choices to use along the desolator and Styx. I guess others will tell you to add more carriers (devastation) but I use 1 Styx up to 1750 pts in my renegade fleet.

I see what you mean... A carnage would be a great addition. I definitely think that the Styx can supply a lot of my carrier needs, but it might be neat to add a devestation, too. The kit does make two cruisers.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
Exactly, add a carnage and devastation.

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 02:00:19 AM »
2 carnages and 2 devastation

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 02:07:53 AM »
2 carnages and 2 devastation

Well, yes, I would consider this too if you are going for 4 more.  I would also consider an Acheron in there unless you are content with your lance amount.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 02:38:34 AM »
I would grab two more cruiser kits and put together a Devistation for games the Styx may be too big for. With your other three hulls Id go for a pair of Carnages/Murders because they make a great base for just about any fleet and an Acheron, with five cruisers another heavy is in order and the Acheron make great additions to the Carnages.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 04:18:43 AM »
Depending on your budget...

1 box of cruisers: Carnage and Devastation.
2 boxes: add another Carnage then Acheron.

After that, do what you want, really. Other ships I'd consider are Havoc, Murder, and Hades.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."