July 19, 2024, 06:17:12 PM

Poll

Please select one of the following options. Be aware that choosing option 1 will constitute a COMMITMENT akin to a pre-order to buy the models as per the information in the thread !! if the number of buyers becomes 10 or more !

I commit to buying the offered composition of an ogre force per the specifications in this threads 1ste post! if and when the number of interested buyers reaches 10 or more
19 (48.7%)
I might be interested, but cant/wont commit right now
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: My modeling  (Read 70166 times)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: My modeling
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
Up to 12 now, and I reckon those 8 others will come round once some more WIP shots get shown. = )
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
Back from my holiday. I will try to make one guy per evening.

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2012, 06:48:50 PM »
The guys so far.

Offline pw

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
Looking good, you're really working fast.

If there are more to do, how about a club or two? Something like an ironfist would also be cool. I'm also wondering about the shoes, they look a bit chunky in the images (though they probably don't on a 10mm model), I'd also welcome them moving from steel toe caps over to the pointy toecapped slippers but perhaps that's a step too far?

Offline frogbear

My modeling
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »
E&C

Can the fists be made slightly larger? Not sure if it is just me however the non-weapon hands look a little small on ogres 2 & 3.

Otherwise looking good!

Offline pw

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »
+1 for the fists, I thought it might just be the angle of the pic?

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
If there are more to do, how about a club or two?
I'll be doing 6 basic Ogres, so there's 1 more basic guy to come. A club sounds pretty traditional!

Something like an ironfist would also be cool.
A shield/punchy stabby thing on the left fist? Ok.

I'm also wondering about the shoes, they look a bit chunky in the images (though they probably don't on a 10mm model), I'd also welcome them moving from steel toe caps over to the pointy toecapped slippers but perhaps that's a step too far?
Pointy toecaps look silly IMO. I wouldn't worry about them looking chunky in the photo - the final prints will look fine in real life.

Can the fists be made slightly larger? Not sure if it is just me however the non-weapon hands look a little small on ogres 2 & 3.
It's not just you - those two are a bit too small and I'll biggerise them.

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
First post. I've a fair collection of Warmaster, including some units from Kallistra, which are a little on the large side for my taste.

Question for Evil_and_Chaos:

Have you considered a range of miniatures covering items that GW, Copplestone and Eureka don't do. I particularly like the Eureka range as it adds nicely to the potential of Warmaster. Chaos Dwarves and Halflings, what's not to like? Copplestone - good generic human and orcy units.

I'm thinking a few sets of Halflings (archers, hand weapons, pony cavalry, etc.), Hobgoblin infantry (archers, hand weapons, etc,), various mercenarys, etc. As you are doing 5 or 6 basic sets for an Ogre army as a single production run, could you also do a run of 5 or 6 units of other races/army types to expand on the options for those armies currently commercially available?

Perhaps you could even do some generic artillery, for buyers to add their own crews to as well?

Edit - and I love my status "Lurker"  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:22:52 PM by andys »

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
As you are doing 5 or 6 basic sets for an Ogre army as a single production run, could you also do a run of 5 or 6 units of other races/army types to expand on the options for those armies currently commercially available?
I could do, but as with this project, I'd need 10-12 pledges of £60 orders in order to have confidence in going ahead with it.

I'm not actually sure there are many big gaps in the 10mm scale fantasy market left comparable to the lack of Ogre archetypes.

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »
Fair enough. Just a thought. Although if you could identify a gap and your manufacturer wants 6 sets for a production run and you can only think of 5, maybe the gap filler could fill the gap. As it were...

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
I don't actually have to do production runs of 6 sets at a time, I could do as low as 2-3 and have it still financially workable.

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »
Six basic ogres.

I'll make some sort of punchy/stabby hand armour for their left hands next.

Offline frogbear

My modeling
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »
I am happy with these and am alreading getting money together for an order.  ;)

Offline pw

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2012, 05:17:32 PM »
Me too, they look very fine.

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
Sorry for the delay in updates, I had a big contract job on which took priority.

Made some punchy shield type dealies for the gang's left hands.

Next up, Ogres carrying Cannons!