July 19, 2024, 06:23:32 PM

Poll

Please select one of the following options. Be aware that choosing option 1 will constitute a COMMITMENT akin to a pre-order to buy the models as per the information in the thread !! if the number of buyers becomes 10 or more !

I commit to buying the offered composition of an ogre force per the specifications in this threads 1ste post! if and when the number of interested buyers reaches 10 or more
19 (48.7%)
I might be interested, but cant/wont commit right now
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: My modeling  (Read 70170 times)

Offline Spectrar Ghost

Re: My modeling
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
Changed my vote. ;)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
Honest question about stretch goals... How much extra will those cost, though? :-X
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 05:33:01 PM »
Ten pledges! It's on!

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »
Honest question about stretch goals... How much extra will those cost, though? :-X
Each mould costs me ~£150 to set up and generate the first set of spins with the company I'll be using.

So two pledges for a total of £120 means that although I won't have broken even, at least if I never sell any more models I won't be making a *huge* loss.

As to the actual cost of the final models themselves for the stretch goals, I'd estimate their sale prices as:

- Lesser Goblins - 10 strips of Lesser Goblins, 2 strips of Lesser Goblins with command group - £10
- Large Cannon & Large Catapult, dragged by Woolly Rhinos - 2 War Machines - £12
- Monstrous Woolly Mammoth + Ogre Riders (Commander & Wizard rider options) - £10

The Goblin strips will be 40mm wide. Could have them small enough to fit 3 deep per 20mm deep base if people prefer (and could modify the pack contents accordingly) ?

The Large Cannon & Large Catapult kits, I'd expect would be quite long, and would fit on an 80mm x 20mm base (two 40mmx20mm bases placed end-to-end), sound ok?

The Monstrous Woolly Mammoth would be big enough that a 40mm x 40mm base (two 40x20 bases side-by-side) would be needed to accommodate it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:19:30 PM by Evil_and_Chaos »

Offline markyparky

• Lurker
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2012, 06:49:25 PM »
Count me in as having a 5000 point warhammer ogre army I'd like to do the same with warmaster.

Offline pw

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
Have you voted MarkyP? If not that takes us ever closer to the happy days of seeing these Ogres.

@E-C - you probably know this already, but this is a fairly quiet forum so you can probably expect more sales to drift in too. I'll tout this around the other forums over the weekend to see if we can't get more sign-ups.

Offline David Wasilewski

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 10:11:06 AM »
My mate Jon has told me he is definitely going to buy in, so that's another that will appear in the next week....

Looking forward to this, especially if there are going to be some of the larger monsters that will be suitable for a fantasy ogre army!

Dave

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
And we can always come up with an alternative Ogre Selector to match the range .....   it is not as if GW never did that    8)

E&C,  the one thing that troubles me at the moment is the belly-shields....   even assuming the line is Hulking Ugly Humanoids Generic, it might still trigger GW fashionistas to call for IP...  :o

Could you maybe lean a bit more towards the belts used by the WWF and associated wrestling/boxing troffees ?? JMHO

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »
I must admit I was going to try and steer him the other way.  Scibor and others do some absolutely blatant Space Wolf / Dark Angel / Ultramarine stuff and no one calls them out on it.

The Maw / belly shield imagery is kind of what sells it to me. :-3
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline pw

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 12:00:02 PM »
I m with storming on this one, if these end up being unrecognisable as what I will use them to represent then my interest in them falls considerably. The concept work is just close enough for my tastes. The correct look is what makes these attractive I think.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »
The shape of the belt is not a handycap for me.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:12:11 PM by jchaos79 »

Offline David Wasilewski

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
I'm sure there's a middle ground. An exact copy of someone else's work is wrong. A different design, based on the same sources that the original scupltor took is o.k. though. I agree the final look should be close though. The wrestling belts idea is a good one as it wil enable a very similar, but not identical look.

Don't forget, the way you paint the figures will further customize the final look to be more or less like one particular image or style than another. e.g. if you get a strip of high elf spearment, you can paint them to look like sea guard or like lothern city state spearmen levy.

Dave

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »
While a fat man with a generic round shield on his tummy is not a legally protectable idea, I also like a bit of variety, so a few other shield types could make an appearance. No updates for a few days as I'm taking a short post-wedding holiday.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »
Enjoy your holidays! and... congratulations then!

Offline Bel

• Answer_mods
    • Loc: Somewhere in Siberia
    • PolarFox
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »
The Goblin strips will be 40mm wide. Could have them small enough to fit 3 deep per 20mm deep base if people prefer (and could modify the pack contents accordingly) ?

The Large Cannon & Large Catapult kits, I'd expect would be quite long, and would fit on an 80mm x 20mm base (two 40mmx20mm bases placed end-to-end), sound ok?

The Monstrous Woolly Mammoth would be big enough that a 40mm x 40mm base (two 40x20 bases side-by-side) would be needed to accommodate it.

IIRC Mammoth has to be placed in the base with same dimensions as for Stegadon or Norse war Mammoth ie 60x40mm.
Large Cannon/Scraplauncha - the best way is to make it like a Dwarf Flame cannon (like all artillery units with unit size 1) - the 1st stand with a Rhino (no gaming effect) and a 2nd one with a shooting device.
As for Lesser goblins - probably it would be better to make them like swarms of Rats/Nurglings (square base 37x37mm) - easy to paint, but a challenge for a sculptor.  ;)

Best regards.