August 01, 2024, 07:14:26 AM

Author Topic: BFG:R Chaos  (Read 65592 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
BFG:R Chaos
« on: October 28, 2012, 02:29:53 AM »
We are really close with Chaos. Anything that needs to change before it's final?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: BFG:R Chaos
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:14:48 AM »
Well cosmetics, little things like page numbers and such. How does everyone feel about the FAQ additions, CSM, Abbadon (and all the commanders/ marks) and Daemon ships.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 04:38:15 AM »
When it's all said and done and the rules are completed, I will go touch up the cosmetic stuff.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:46:49 PM »
Er, what's the progress on Chaos?

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 07:01:46 PM »
It's ready for review. I forgot to put the link in this thread but it's in the "Finishing BFG:R" thread. Here it is:

++BFG:R Chaos Fleets++

Offline Talos

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:58:15 PM »
I feel we should implement plaxor's take on the Marks of Chaos. As it stands they are an expensive upgrade, especially when tacked on to the price of a Warmaster/Chaos Lord/CSM crew. Do not know much about daemon ships, but they also seem pretty pricy, especially when you factor in their mark as well.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:31:46 PM »
Plaxor's approach is way better and I highly support moving to that method. In the current method, taking a mark on your ship is a minimum of 70pts PER SHIP in the Chaos Incursion fleet and 50pts per ship in the Black Crusade fleet. It's also kind of a joke to me that in the fleets for each chaos god, you can still only take marks on vessels that have a chaos lord or warmaster. You mean to tell me that you cannot take the mark of Khorne on every cruiser in your berzerker fleet of Khorne?!

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 11:52:06 PM »
Only champions of chaos get marked so why should any old ship get that benifit? I dont know about CSM getting the option either but i guess theres a better chance of a CSM ship gaining the favor of a god than some pirates.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:01:34 AM »
Only champions of chaos get marked so why should any old ship get that benifit? I dont know about CSM getting the option either but i guess theres a better chance of a CSM ship gaining the favor of a god than some pirates.
My point is, why can't each ship in the Berzerker fleet have a mark of khorne? That seems ridiculous to me.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
They can, i have built such a fleet, use CSM. Yes its pricy but with the additional benifits they should be a bit more pricy.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 12:40:16 AM »
I don't know about more pricey but the CSM and a mark is well worth it. I guess having CSM and a mark makes sense but it still seems weird to me that you would have to have a lord, warmaster, or CSMs to have a mark. Either way, not a biggie to me.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 01:18:19 AM »
Well lets work out the command structrue for chaos then.

Points of interest:

Abbadon: yes no? price and abilities

Commanders: price, leadership, ability to take marks, most expensive ship and anything else you can think of.

CSM: the same mainly cost and what they add but also what marks if any they can take and whatever else that comes up.

Marks: price and function basically

Rerolls?

Daemon ships: not really command but its in there somewhere Nd theyre widly reguarded as poo.

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
So yeah, I agree marks/leaders need work, but just a quick note, and I may have overlooked this, but there isn't a fleet list that uses the Vengeful Spirit that I saw. The other thing, other legions should be able to use marks. I get that fluff-wise the Alpha Legion or the Night Lords don't get as into Chaos as Emperor's Children, but mechanically we shouldn't punish players for painting their fleet the way they want.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »
Well lets work out the command structrue for chaos then.

Points of interest:

Abbadon: yes no? price and abilities
Keep him. I think he is fine as is
Commanders: price, leadership, ability to take marks, most expensive ship and anything else you can think of.
I like the original BFG:R method where they are each 15pts, you can take them on any cruiser, and they have a smaller effect than the old marks. If we do keep the old marks, I think they should be priced a a little lower and streamlined throughout the different fleet lists. Slaanesh to 20pts, Khorne to 15pts. Tzeentch 15pts. Nurgle, 25pts.
CSM: the same mainly cost and what they add but also what marks if any they can take and whatever else that comes up.
they seem fine to me
Marks: price and function basically

Rerolls?
Seems weird that chaos incursion list fleets cannot buy an extra re-roll. I guess they are allowing him to take multiple marks. Maybe this should be changed?
Daemon ships: not really command but its in there somewhere Nd theyre widly reguarded as poo.\
I don't have enough input to add here.

Offline Talos

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
CSM: What about a 5 pts drop because their boarding bonus is partly superflous?

As for Chaos Marks, agreed with Thane about legion limitations; restrictions for aligned legions obviously, but that's it.

As for Marks, like afterimagedan I feel like these should be allowed without a CSM/Chaos Lord/Warmaster. It just fits chaos, and it's not like they have so many cheap upgrades kicking around to clutter their stats ;D...

Mark of Khorne: 15pts sounds fine, cheap but effective, could be more but a limited tactic so its fine.
Mark of Tzeench: 20pts sounds fine, ok on regular ships but extra potent on carriers (BFG:R profile of course)
Mark of Slanesh: 20pts seems a little steep for this, especially considering limited range. I suggest either boosting range or lowering price, as this becomes pretty useful if any ship can be marked.
Mark of Nurgle: 25pts is fairly steep for this; the extra hit is worth 10 pts, so 15pt for the ability to not be boarded? Most fleets just H&R anyways, so my suggestion is 20pts.

I think all fleets should use a standardized reroll price, on every single list IMO.

Again I have no real opinion on daemon ships, but have also heard they are crappy.