August 02, 2024, 07:28:14 AM

Author Topic: BFG:R Adeptus Mechanicus  (Read 43753 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG:R Adeptus Mechanicus
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »
It is sort of weird that the change for double damage increases, but the actual damage output is still lowered so it shouldn't be a big deal overall in game.  The other problem with this was pointed out earlier: the Necron Particle Whip rolling 6's to ignore shields would just be entirely disregarded by a -1 instead of just hitting on 5+ instead. That's pretty crappy.

Offline Khar

• Loc: Frozen Wastes of Poland
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »
Ah, true, I disregarded necrons here... I still say that 6+ save against lance fire is superior option then ;) hitting on 5+ makes all 'critical' effects more likely on lock on - necron whip, phantom lance, Admech with weapon upgrade and so on.  Every lance weapon with different effects on various rolls. While hitting on 5+ changes these weapons' internal dynamic, 6+ save, while having similar effectiveness leaves original internal balance of the weapon in peace. True, it's one more roll, but at least every result is still possible. (5+ eliminates DE inflicting single hit, -1 to ht eliminates weapons with extra effect on 6.)

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »
Alright, I am going to put up two different votes. One vote will be for the bulk of the Admech stuff, and the other will be for FDT.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2013, 04:58:28 AM »
Pending the results of the Light Cruiser votes, I believe we are ready to close the Admech list. Should I put the vote up for finalize?

Offline Khar

• Loc: Frozen Wastes of Poland
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2013, 11:43:40 AM »
Looks like everything is resolved or at least will be soon.

So, what fleet is next?

Offline atension

• Lurker
    • Loc: canada
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2015, 03:39:46 AM »
Just wondering If this list has been play tested very much to verify that the cost change theory crafting is sound?
Curious about some of the point differences between the IN ships and the AM ships.
Tyrant: AM is 40 point more than the IN version. While the others are 35. In reading though the discussion over the point increases even 35 seems like a lot. The gifts while good are random which makes it not nearly as good.

The Battleships are roughly 25 points more but the gifts have a much larger effect. In my opinion the cruisers should all drop 10 points and the tyrant 15.

Also the PDF lists the Lunar in on the last page as 215 (as intended) but the details ship description lists it as "200fpts".

I'm fairly new to the list but I was hoping there would be something more to set it apart from the IN list. Something involving list composition change from requiring 3 cruisers per 1 battleship to 2. Or some advantage to taking Nova Cannons. I guess the specialized torps are nice (though expensive! considering how double edged they can be)

Offline Gothmog Lord of Balrogs

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2015, 05:33:31 AM »
Just wondering If this list has been play tested very much to verify that the cost change theory crafting is sound?
Curious about some of the point differences between the IN ships and the AM ships.
Tyrant: AM is 40 point more than the IN version. While the others are 35. In reading though the discussion over the point increases even 35 seems like a lot. The gifts while good are random which makes it not nearly as good.

The Battleships are roughly 25 points more but the gifts have a much larger effect. In my opinion the cruisers should all drop 10 points and the tyrant 15.

Also the PDF lists the Lunar in on the last page as 215 (as intended) but the details ship description lists it as "200fpts".

I'm fairly new to the list but I was hoping there would be something more to set it apart from the IN list. Something involving list composition change from requiring 3 cruisers per 1 battleship to 2. Or some advantage to taking Nova Cannons. I guess the specialized torps are nice (though expensive! considering how double edged they can be)

Go with 215 on the lunar. Alot of the BFG:R documents have typos/format errors.

The thing is that AD Mech was never that different than IN, so the BFG:R version won't be either.
"Give me a thousand men crazy enough to conquer Hell and we shall do it!"
www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com
sepulchreofheroes@gmail.com

Offline atension

• Lurker
    • Loc: canada
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2015, 06:25:49 PM »
Might it be worth while revisiting removing the randomness on the gifts. Some on certain ships are.essentially useless.and other very powerful. It's really hard to plan out a good list with so much of its strength left to chance.