August 09, 2024, 04:20:54 PM

Author Topic: Terrain Placement  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Talos

Terrain Placement
« on: October 26, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
Hey guys,

Me and Thane are running into a bit of a problem: when we set up to play our games, we use the random terrain generation from the BBB. Problem is, he plays Eldar and I play IN usually, so I always want to stuff every asteroid out of sight and he wants to clusterfuck the board with them, naturally. Things is that often the random generation ends up puting terrain in only one corner. As IN I have very little desire to go into that corner and instead turn into a whirling carousel of defensibility....at the other end of the board. Of course Thane has very little reason to into the jaws of death for which I don't blame him.

Basically, how do you guys set up your terrain in a fair, balanced and interesting manner?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Terrain Placement
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
Hi,
to save time I will usually set up the phenomena in what I think is an interesting setup.
I ask of he approves of the setup ofcourse.
My opponent may choose table edge.

Works fine.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:08:42 PM »
^ that. Or if we end up setting up togather then we usually do a side each. I like to have something all over tho, big empty spaces irritate me so if were using the BBB ruled for terrain ill usually put a gas cloud in each of the empty areas.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:40:10 AM »
Try this app if you have an Android device:

Spacebuilder App

I love this thing. We use it for every game and just emulate a random map we like.

Offline Talos

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:53:41 AM »
Cool guys! Thanks for the advice, it will really help stuff get placed in a fair but interesting manner.

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
Much appreciated, I will download the app and check it out.