September 18, 2024, 12:25:46 AM

Poll

What should BFG:R do with Necrons?

Keep the GW/2010 list with no changes.
0 (0%)
Edit the GW/2010 lists with some edits.
0 (0%)
Use the current BFG:R list with their Reactive Hull rules, new ships, and point costs + small revisions/edits.
0 (0%)
Use the current BFG:R list and discuss bigger revisions (possibly adding/dropping ships and/or changing rules)
5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 28, 2012, 04:12:08 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Vote 4: Necrons  (Read 8798 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG:R Vote 4: Necrons
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Alright, let's get some progress done. Does anyone feel like we should NOT have the Khopesh, Reaper, or Cartouche ships int he BFG:R Necron fleet?

I like all of them but I would like to add those small tweaks to the Cartouche and Khopesh.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »
Theyre kind of pointless and lacking models I would say drop them.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »
I appear not to be able to vote....

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »
Theyre kind of pointless and lacking models I would say drop them.

Should we drop the Supernova? Or endeavor, endurance, and defiants too?

Offline Bessemer

• Loc: UK
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 07:19:26 PM »
Keep all three, with the mods stated above.
I refuse to be killed by something I've never heard of.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
We should keep them as options. If people don't want to convert them (which would be easy), then you don't have to use them. I prefer more options, personally.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »
Ok, do you guys want to just take a vote about including the Khopesh, Reaper, and Cartouche, in whatever form?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:35:39 PM by afterimagedan »

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »
???

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »
The voss ships shouldnt even be included there, they have a purpose and they have models available... My real concern here is that were are adding ships that are not needed. If everyone wants to add options to the Necron fleet thats fine and ill go along with it but it just seems like a waste of time. The real concern to me is getting rid of the victory point nonsense and repricing the ships correctly. If a tomb ship is worth 250 vp crippled, 1000vp destroyed, and 1500vp hulked why beat around the bush instead of making them 1000pts? The requirements for them are pretty silly also, 1:2 cruisers? Its almost as bad as the original 1:1 scythe rule. These are supposed to be stupidly rare but any fleet 750+ can field one?

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:46 PM »
The Voss ships are available to a very select few who own the original models. There are variants out there but those were made by fans. Why can't that option be open to people who want to use these ships? Again, what about the Supernova?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »
By your logic then transports should be removed if these fan made creations are? Because you cant buy them anymore either. What about the super nova? Its not official and the vast majority of people do not use it, kind of like what these are going to be.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
My logic says why not have them available for people who want to use them. That's how the game works, we have options to choose from. IN players get all sorts of options. Do you just want Necrons stuck at 5 ships? My guess is you don't play Necrons so you don't care. But what if you did?  :o

Agreed about the Supernova, so why not include the Necron variants? Is it because Plaxor made them and not Horizon/Sigoroth? I realize I sound like I am coming off strong, but I am not writing this with that tone behind it. Just asking questions!  :D

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »
I know very little about Nercon in BFG, even less about these ships, but the discrepency between the number of IN/Chaos ships and all the other (with the possible exception of Orks?) has always bothered me. So keep em?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »
The gist was BFG:R initially should be about existing ships. Step two would be new ships.

I know MMS breaks the mold, but the Nova and Wymr do exist for several years now. ;)

But Kopesh as well.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
The gist was BFG:R initially should be about existing ships. Step two would be new ships.

I know MMS breaks the mold, but the Nova and Wymr do exist for several years now. ;)

But Kopesh as well.

But why not just do it now? I mean, we are essentially making new vessels when we make some vessels 2 hits instead of 1. Some of those ships will have a new role. Also, we are going to be tweaking a whole bunch of ships. I don't see much of a difference. These new ships are mostly modified old ones. And really, there aren't tons of new ships, just 3 in Necrons, 3 Dark Eldar, and of course, some Tyranid ships. If we are changing AdMech so much as to make you pay for upgrades now instead of roll randomly (making every point cost for every capital ship different), why not add a few ships in fleets that can use more options?

Two more reasons to do it now: 1. it will take much more work to get the documents looking decent. 2. We can always come back and tweak what we need after we have "final" documents.