September 18, 2024, 08:58:36 AM

Poll

Should we make Eldar MMS the approved Eldar (Corsair and Craftworld) version for BFG:R?

Yes, I approve the current MMS Eldar.
7 (77.8%)
No, I wish to keep the original Eldar rules.
0 (0%)
Yes, but MMS Eldar needs some changes.
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: October 28, 2012, 04:04:33 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Vote 2: MMS Eldar  (Read 4441 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
BFG:R Vote 2: MMS Eldar
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
Vote 2.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: BFG:R Vote 2: MMS Eldar
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »
I vote for Eldar MMS v1.9b.

Note: the lance vs holofield rule from BFG:R isn't bad. It was an idea from the MMS team as well but shot down as some thought it violated a core rule mechanic -> lances should always hit on a 4+.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
v1.9b is current, right?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
Aye.

Offline Bessemer

• Loc: UK
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »
Voting yes for MMS!

Although a couple of thing did come up (suggested an Eldar player)

Pulsars: It's very easy to load up on these things, so to counter pulsar spam we had them fire at full effect (ie the potential 3 hits per shot) on LO orders only, counting as standard lances otherwise.

Turrets: 3+ as standard seems a little overboard. A play test using standard turret rules seemed fine too us. My friend did pitch hitting on a 3+ on BFI, but we'll have to wait for our next game to test (unless someone else wishes to give it a go).

Also I'm assuming the removal of the "Infinity circuit Smashed" was deliberate (as there's still the circuit damaged result). It just seems a bit odd that the Eldar don't get a Bridge smashed equivalent like everyone else.

How about keeping circuit smashed as number 9, and having result 10 be Field destroyed (roll again; 1-3 holofield destroyed; 4-6 Shields collapse. +1 Dam for each, second result destroys remaining field). It would be more in keeping with other fleets.

Or has this discussion already been had at some point in the past...sorry for rambling if so :-\
I refuse to be killed by something I've never heard of.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
Excellent, it's official. So now, I need permission from Horizon and Sigoroth to make any of the small edits to the MMS document. Horizon and Sigoroth, are you ok with me taking the MMS 1.9b, with the NC/Holofield tweaks, as an official ("official") BFR:R document?

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:48:32 PM »
Hold up, what changes happened to eldar? I didn't see much of a vote for them...

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »
Basically, the probable 2 hit Hellebore and the new Nova Cannon Holofield rules. Well, these are probably changes.

The vote was to make MMS Eldar 1.9b official, as is, and then we can vote to changes we need like the previously stated ones. I just feel weird editing their document without their permission, assuming any edits are voted through.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:58:19 PM by afterimagedan »

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Oh. sorry, i thought we modified ships. Those changes I'm fine with.

Are we keeping that whole "seekers of the dark city" and such?

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
Oh and hey Dan, after we're done all of these, or possibly as we finish them, you (or Horizon, if it needs to be a mod) should sticky the documents.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »
Currently, I have a link to the current stuff in my signature. So far, the entire MMS 1.9b is adopted.

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »
You need a linebreak between SM and Admech ;)

So that's just what we're adding, with no changes? The seekers thing was the previous BFG:R.

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »
I think Hellebors (especially if they're huge enough to have 2 hits) should have at the very least the ability to buy bombers for 5pts. I think they should come stock, but I think I'll get resistance on this as it is.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »
Hey Dan,

you can take MMS1.9b to use. (And if you bugger it up we will always have MMS 1.9b as is ;) ).

@Thane, if the seekers and all are well done, good, otherwise I see no benefit to them to be honest. I like to mod my own vanilla's. Plus the more you add ruleswise the boggier it gest.

@ Bessemer,
Pulsars: Na, as is works fine. The only ship that always needs an eye is the supernova.
Turrets: Eldar are always few in the AC game, even with better turrets I can scrape my Eldar after a good ordnance attack by the enemy.
Bridge smashed: Eldar can reallocate/grow wraithbone easier then others. (Does this work as an escape, lol  ::) ).

-warning
Yes, Thane, I resist. :)

As for 2 hits, personally: lets wait on the outcome of the subject in general.

Offline ThaneAquilon

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »
That's fair, we can work on that as alt rules if ever we want to.

I agree with pulsars. I've never played with the supernova, how is it? it's cheaper to just buy 5 Hemlocks...

So now that Horizon is resisting, I'll cast out (desperately) for any other support on purchasing bomber? :-[ :P

Also fair.