September 28, 2024, 06:20:29 PM

Author Topic: What Color My Battlefleet?  (Read 2078 times)

Offline ElectricPaladin

• Burning Zeppelin Experience
What Color My Battlefleet?
« on: September 11, 2012, 12:01:32 AM »
This is X-Posted to Bell of Lost Souls, but I thought I'd post here where I'm likely to get more attention from people with experience painting battleships.

I'm clear that I want the verdigris look on some parts of my fleet - think the terrain dome from White Dwarf #383 - but what about the rest of the ships? Right now, I see several cool options:

1) Copper with verdigris on the prow and other flat areas, dark green (with brighter green highlights and bright red spot-colors) on the body of the ship.

2) Copper with verdigris on the prow and other flat area, with some other color on the rest of the ship, and a complimentary spot color here and there - which color do you prefer?

3) Copper with verdigris on the entire ship! Bright red spot colors elsewhere.

What do you think would be coolest?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: What Color My Battlefleet?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:00:18 AM »
Neat idea, not sure about the science behind it but the warp does odd things... :D i would say probably #2 im not too sure if the effect wouldnt just get lost on a ship thats also green.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline ElectricPaladin

• Burning Zeppelin Experience
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 02:03:16 AM »
Neat idea, not sure about the science behind it but the warp does odd things... :D i would say probably #2 im not too sure if the effect wouldnt just get lost on a ship thats also green.

That's a very good point. I had originally thought that the copper-ness of the copper verdigris part would set it off from the rest, but I'm not sure.

What color would you recommend? And what complimentary spot color?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »
Well a light grey highlighted up through white would give a nice clean base and help make the somewhat pasty green pop out more. I would think having all the typical metal bits painted copper/ brass with a hint of the verdigris as a final highlight would help tie it togather, i would probably go with a dull red for any contrasting bits and a bright red or orange for things like lights.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.