September 17, 2024, 08:15:24 AM

Author Topic: Battlebarge Squadron...(!)  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
Battlebarge Squadron...(!)
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
Say I was feeling rather cheeky and took a pair of battlebarges in a game (or one was the Seditio Opprimere). Would it be beneficial to squadron them or would it be better to keep them apart? Together, they would have a heck of a lot of stopping power but doubly susceptible to a BfI scenario. Leadership is likely boosted for one of them, plus incoming fire can only hit the closest...

Your thoughts? I giggle at the thought of a squadroned pair, but want to make sure it wouldn't be a dumb thing to do.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: Battlebarge Squadron...(!)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:02:44 PM »
I've only run squadrons of bb's in excedingly large games but much like with cruisers it depends on the situation as to wether squadrons or not is better. I would probably squadron then myself to take advantage of the significant boost in firepower your sure to see with the two of them having gunnery chart weapons (bombardment cannons and weapons batteries). Even if you are forced to brace them they will still present a very potent amount of weapons somewhat negating the disadvantage seen when bracing squadrons of cruisers.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.