September 27, 2024, 06:20:27 AM

Author Topic: BFG Internet Battle (Turn 5 finished)  (Read 13830 times)

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
Re: BFG Internet Battle
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »
list 1

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
We're talking BFG:R Retribution right? If so, the Ret/Exorcist list. Otherwise, list 1.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 01:06:40 AM »
Indeed this is the BFG-R version. I really liked the approach spellbound took, but I was underwhelmed with the amount of attack craft hence the second recommended fleet. For those unfamiliar with the BFG-R Retribution it's been modified to 18 45cm weapons on each broadside, the Exorcist has 3 launch/ broadside and shark assault boats. Everything else with the exception of the price drop on the Mara has remained the same.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline RCgothic

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
Yeah, List 3. Comes to a better round figure than list 2, even though I wouldn't personally have taken a Mars. I've always preferred the Ret to the Emp, and it's a steal in BFG:R.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 06:58:17 AM »
Well it's clear we have a winner. Let's stick with list 3.

Ok, let's talk deployment. Any particular insights on how this fleet should be deployed? We are going to rush this part a little bit because we want to get to the game. If you guys can give me some deployment concepts, we will get deployment done. Gavin (your opponent) will be using an abeam type Chaos fleet. Mainly Carnage and Acheron type fleet. When he gets a list, I will post it.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
Well from the table setup I would probably focus my forces around the planet initially. Mars and Exo within the grav well and the Lunars and Dauntless to the upper left of them ready to move towards, most likely at this point, the right hand side of the board to eliminate any forces there before the enemy can bring both sides together. The Mars and Exo will be able to either remain in the grav well and fire nova / launch ordnance or they can advance with the rest of the fleet and engage the enemy more directly. All of this depends on Gavin's deployment of course.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 04:03:59 AM »
Here is Gavin's list...
Warmaster (Desolator) 75
Desolator 300
Acheron 190   
Acheron 190
Carnage 1 180   
Carnage 2 180
Devastation 1 190 
Devastation 2 190

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 11:35:10 PM »
Imperial Navy List
Fleet Admiral:50
Retribution:345
Exorcist:265
Mars:260
Lunar:180
Lunar:180
Dauntless:110
Dauntless:110

Chaos List
Warmaster (Desolator) 75
Desolator 300
Acheron 190
Acheron 190
Carnage 1 180
Carnage 2 180
Devastation 1 190
Devastation 2 190

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:50 AM »
Deployment is done. More pictures are in the blog post.

WE ARE NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR 1ST TURN. You (Imperial Navy) are up first. We will be accepting orders for 5-7 days. Please submit your orders for what to do. I realize you guys will not be able to measure, etc. so just do your best. We will make sure to comply the best we can. If you have questions, feel free to post them. I also realize that I have not posted the leadership values and squadrons yet; I will do that asap.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:35:34 AM by afterimagedan »

Offline ItIsDearFlinch

• Lurker
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »
Doesn't the chaos player have to deploy a minimum of 1 ship or squadron in EACH of his deployment zones?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »
Doesn't the chaos player have to deploy a minimum of 1 ship or squadron in EACH of his deployment zones?

Yes that is the rule there must be a presence in each deployment zone. Im no rule nazi tho so really its fine by me since everything is already setup.

I'm going to put together a (poor) photochop instead of just trying to explain what my thoughts are for orders to make it clearer after I get home.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 08:35:43 PM »
Crap. You are right. While we were deploying, Gavin and I must have forgotten that part. I let Gavin know and we redeployed one of the Carnage/Acheron squadrons to the other side.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 11:21:40 PM »
Ok the front pair or rear got moved? and where on the table are the other 2 now? north west, south west, or mid west?

This is kinda what I had in mind for the first turn. As you can see the Mars should be able to get a clear los on the first Carnage/Acheron pair with its nova. The stars are kinda up in the air really right now, we have ordnance superority but just barely, I think maybe fighters from the Mars and assault boats from the Exo. The rest of the fleet is just positioning to block the gap although it looks as if Gavin is prepaired to move down the side of the table using the asteroids for cover so I would really like all  of the gun ships to be in the gravity well towards the "north" of the planet, between the asteroids and the planet. This setup will aloow the gunships to take advantage of the gravity to sling towards the lower edge of the asteroids if need be however depending on the squadrons and leadership I would just as soon take them through the field and lay down torpedoes followed by direct fire. If the Mars can maintain los by moving into the gap in later turns then the Mars and Exo can form a pincer arm behind the chaos ships although most likely it looks like they will just be following along behind the gunships.

Retribution looks to be within the grav well right now so free 45 towards the planet then forward 15 and another 45 will put it to the north of the planet should be within the well or close. This allows for cover of the gap and the option to move towards the bottom the asteroids or through them whichever appears to be best.

Dauntless and lunar maybe outside the grav well so I am going to assume that they cannot take the free 45 (despite the pic :P) so forward 10cm and 90 turn for the Dauntless then slip in near the Retribution. CTNH for the Lunars to come in behind the Retribution (hopefully within grav well for all)

Mars doesnt look like its in fire arc to shoot the nova with out turning, but if it is then move the min required so as to maintain los and LO. If it cannot get a shot without turning then move turn to bring the nova to bear. Fire on the closest Carnage/Acheron pair, if they have been moved to the other deployment zone then target the Devastations to the rear of the BB, take the leadership test to do so if need be. Launch 4 fighters? (input here) roughly north of were the gun ships are.

Exo just roughly here following the movement of the Mars to keep it close (I am assuming they will be squadroned?) I would launch a wave of assault boats (input again I know some people dont like these) once again in roughly the same are as the fighters from the Mars.

Thoughts on this?

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 02:02:59 AM »
Alright, I updated the deployment page HERE. The squadron that was redeployed was the further one. The planet is medium sized and the gravity well is 15cm. The Ret is in the gravity well currently.

Here are the leaderships and the squadrons:

Imperial Navy
8 Retribution

8 Exorcist
9 Mars

6 Lunar 1
9 Lunar 2

8 Dauntless 1
8 Dauntless 2

Chaos
8 Desolator

8 Acheron 1 (northwest)
9 Carnage 1

7 Acheron 2 (northeast with the Devs and Desolator)
9 Acheron 2

8 Devastation 1
7 Devastation 2

If you guys are hoping to change any of the squadrons, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:01:13 AM by afterimagedan »

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 05:07:09 AM »
I will be playing out the turn this Sunday night US Central time so please get your orders in!