September 27, 2024, 04:42:32 AM

Author Topic: BFG Internet Battle (Turn 5 finished)  (Read 13827 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG Internet Battle
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:19 AM »
++Turn 1++
+PRIMARY THREAT SPOTTED. TRAITOR VESSELS TO THE NORTHEAST AND NORTHWEST. FIRE NOVA CANNONS AND DEPLOY STRIKE CRAFT. ADVANCE AND DESTROY+

Imperial Navy 1
Special Orders:
The Lunars attempt to CTNH and pass (barely). They are 22cm from the planet.

Movement:
CTNH on the Lunars.
The Retribution uses the gravity well to aid its turning.
The Dauntlesses cut east quickly and are now within the gravity well.
The Mars and Exorcist advance and turn to starboard.

Shooting:
The Mars fires its Nova Cannon at Acheron 2 which braces. Direct hit cause one shield damage to Carnage 2 and 2 shield damage and 2 hull damage to Acheron 2 which fails to brace both.

Ordinance:
Fighters and Assault Boats are launched.

Chaos 1
Special Orders:
CTNH on the Acheron 1 squadron and passes.
AAF on the Desolator which gains 17cm.

Movement:
Everything advances straight ahead except Acheron 1 squadron which heads south the east.

Shooting:
None.

Ordinance:
The Devastators launch one wave of 4 fighters and 4 bombers towards the asteroid channel.

+++MORE PICTURES HERE+++

Now accepting orders for Turn 2!
++END TRANSMISSION, FOR THE EMPEROR++
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:55:06 AM by afterimagedan »

Offline afterimagedan

Re: BFG Internet Battle (now Turn 2)
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »
No orders for turn 2?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 02:35:57 PM »
I'll have something for you by tomorrow.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 01:45:13 PM »
Ok so its hard to tell from the photos but it looks like the Mars/Exo can move forward towards the gap and snap off another nova shot at that damaged Acheron, if not any target of opportunity would be fine including the fighter/bomber wave if no ships are in arc/los. Take a reading on the other Acheron/Carnage pair also, I'm pretty sure they're still outside range but we might get lucky. Bring the Retribution 15cm forward and turn it just enough that it will not hit the Asteroid field next turn. Bring the Dauntless up between the planet and the Retribution. Move the Lunars forward so the rearmost is even with the forward one in base contact, line up the northern most ship so that when it moves forward next turn it will just miss the asteroid field. Move the assault boats in the same direction as the fleet to their maximum and continue to move them towards the enemy with the BB being first choice the carnage second choice for attack. Keep the fighters near the middle of the bulk of the fleet probably close to the Lunars. RO on the carriers should be the only special orders.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 03:42:18 PM »
One thing we forgot to do is move the imperial ordinance in the Chaos ordinance phase. Where do you want to move those in the Chaos turn ?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 02:53:35 AM »
Ok for the chaos move go ahead and put the fighters between the planet and the asteroids they should be able to stay there during the imp turn also basically just adjust them slightly if needed in order to be able to intercept for any of the gun ships. Move the assault boats towards the closest chaos ship it looks like that will take them towards the Carnage/Acheron pair somewhere in the gap. Continue their movement towards that Carnage during the subsequent turn two ordnance phases (avoiding the chaos fighters of course unless they intercept them). To be clear on the previous post the lunars and ret should be set up to move out of the grav well next turn and launch torp salvos point blank (ideally) and the mars/ exo should be able to AAF behind the enemy (also ideally).

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 01:52:37 AM »
+++Turn 2++
+CLOSING WITH THE TRAITOR FOES. OUR FIGHTERS HAVE ENGAGED THE ENEMY ORDINANCE. PREPARING FOR A CLOSE STRIKE+

This turn's info in the link below.
+++MORE PICTURES AND TURN INFO HERE+++

Now accepting orders for Turn 3!
++END TRANSMISSION, FOR THE EMPEROR++

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: BFG Internet Battle (now Turn 3)
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
Ok a few range questions. What is the distance between Carnage 2 and the Exorcist/ Mars? Also distance between the Exorcist and the Chaos assault boats. On the other side what is the distance from the Retribution to the tip of the asteroid field? And finally what is the distance between the Imperial assault boats and Carnage 1, both around and through the asteroids? Thanks!

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 05:05:10 PM »
59 from Carnage 2 to Mars
28 from Chaos Assault Boats to Exorcist
33 from pole to base from Retribution to the end asteroid.
29 for Imperial Assault Boats through the asteroids to Carnage 1
40 for Imperial Assault Boats around the asteroids to Carnage 1
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:27:15 PM by afterimagedan »

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 08:21:28 PM »
Thanks, I'll get started on something for the next round.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
Ok Mars/ Exo first, lets move the Exo forward min and take a turn towards the north, however much is required to put its broadside towards the Chaos cruisers. Then bring the Mars just past the Exo and give it a turn towards the north also, same amount. Target the Chaos assault boats with the Mars/ Exo and attempt to destroy them with gunnery fire. Once again any targets that are in range/firearc for the nova should be fired upon (shouldn't be any but could get lucky).

Leave the Dauntless where they are, but move the Retribution up to where it is just slightly closer to the edge of the asteroid field than the southern most Dauntless. That looks like 10-15 cm but its hard to judge. On the Lunars lock on to the Chaos assault boats and move them forward as far as they can go while maintaining arc to the assault boats, you can let them move apart from each other if need be.

Do not launch any ordinance unless the Chaos assault boats are not destroyed by direct fire, if they are not (well there's a lot of really bad rolling going on :P) launch only the fighters from the Mars to destroy them.

Move the Imperial assault boats up to just on the Imperial side of the asteroid field, on the Chaos turn if they launch any mixed waves of fighters/bombers or fighters/assault boats go ahead and use the Imperial assault boats to strip as many of the fighters as possible and send any remaining towards the closest Chaos ship. If they launch 6-8 fighters tho attempt to avoid the fighters and attack the closest Chaos ship. Of course if they launch no fighters also attack the closest ship.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 01:41:23 AM »
Turn 3 is finished! See the results HERE.

Ready for turn 4 orders!

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 04:13:19 AM »
Ouch lol forgot about the darn fighters getting beefed ::). Ok what is the range between the Mars and the Exo (assuming a 10cm forward movement) and the Carnage 1? Also distance between the Lunars, Retribution, and Dauntless and Carnage 2. Also what is the distance between the Lunars and the blastmarkers in front of the Retribution? I think thats it... :D

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:11 AM »
Mars and also Exorcist to Carnage 1 is 39cm.
Retribution to Carnage 2 is 30cm.
Dauntlesses to Carnage 2 is 36cm.
Lunars to Carnage 2 is 41cm.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »
Ok so Lunars Lock onto Carnage 1 Mars and Exo Lock on to the Carnage.

If need be use the gravity well to turn the Lunars so they can bring their weapons to bear, I would say after their move. Try to make it past the blast markers in front of the Retribution, It looks like they should be able to advance 15cm, clear the blastmarkers and make a 45* turn to bring their starboard weapons to bear on the Carnage.

Take the free 45* on the Retribution before its movement and move it forward maximum (should move it just off the blast markers, maybe still touching the one lowest on it). Move the Dauntlesses forward minimum and point their lances towards the Carnage/Acheron, try to keep them behind the Retribution. Focus everything on the Carnage/Acheron pair.

Move the Mars and Exo the min required while keeping their weapons focused on the Carnage. Launch waves of assault boats from the exo and move them so they are directly in the path of the Carnage, and a wave of bombers from the Mars also in line with the Carnage.