September 13, 2024, 10:14:09 AM

Author Topic: 2 Quick Question plus some nice pics of the upcoming fleet :)  (Read 10606 times)

Offline Fidel

• Lurker
2 Quick Question plus some nice pics of the upcoming fleet :)
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »
So here are my two questions:

I really want to get into BFG, and because I love playing Marines in 40k, and I am becoming a bigger fan of space battle combat games (blame the Steller Impact computer game). I really want to do a space marine ship (and even though it might not win many games, I want to do a chapter fleet fluffy list). So the first part of my question is where (in these forums or you can post it) is a nice compilation of the rules. I know GW has put their rules up, but I also know that there is an FAQ 2011 (?) up and running for space marines and was wondering as to where to find it. So basically this question is: besides the GW rules, where can I find another nice compilation of the rules or updated ones (I am new be nice)?

The second question is to critic this list... it is NOT specific but rather an overall look at my fleet in its FULLEST composition:
2 Battle Barges
5 strike cruisers
6 Nova Frigates
6 Gladius Frigates
10 Hunter destroyers

This is a typically large fleet, the smaller fleet would consist of:
1 Battlebarge
3 Strike Cruisers
3 Nova Frigates
3 Gladius Frigates
3 Hunter Destroyers

I know there are NO specifics... but does that seem fluffy/viable?

Finally, here is pictures of one of my fluffy lists battle barges. The 40k marines are called the Kubans (with Fidel Castrous as the Chapter Master... played as Vulkan. The theory behind this is that they are so good at rolling Kuban Cigars in the forges of their home planet that they obviously can use flamer/melta weapons well) and so the ship is obviously... well you will see  :)

You can correct my list if you want as well  :P

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: 2 Quick Question plus some nice pics of the upcoming fleet :)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:27:10 AM »
Koobans baby! Yeayah! Lol love it, bb looks clean nice details. As for the fleet list try making a few point specific lists (500, 1k, 1.5k, etc) drop the novas they're way overpriced and don't forget you can take cobras and swords also. Sm in gothic are brutal and in your face, all ahead full and lockon are your friend. Make good use of terrain or your short range will hurt you. Make sure your playing a good mix of scenarios if its always just fleet engagements or cruiser clashes your fleet won't hang too well, but in the raids list you rock.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Fidel

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:10:15 AM »
Koobans baby! Yeayah! Lol love it, bb looks clean nice details. As for the fleet list try making a few point specific lists (500, 1k, 1.5k, etc) drop the novas they're way overpriced and don't forget you can take cobras and swords also. Sm in gothic are brutal and in your face, all ahead full and lockon are your friend. Make good use of terrain or your short range will hurt you. Make sure your playing a good mix of scenarios if its always just fleet engagements or cruiser clashes your fleet won't hang too well, but in the raids list you rock.

Is there a place where I can view the rules. I think I read somewhere that the GW ones are outdated... so where would I find the full rules for Space Marines (I can only see the FAQ with the new fortress monastery... thats it?)

Feel like this is a stupid question....
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:15:44 AM by Fidel »

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 03:23:51 AM »
Sorry. Faq 2010 and the compendiums. I can't get the link up on this stupid phone and I don't have internet at my new place yet tho :(, but if you run a search for faq 2010 on here you'll find it. These are just additions and revisions of the base rules published on gw's site.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:27:50 AM by AndrewChristlieb »

Offline Fidel

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 04:00:51 AM »
Sorry. Faq 2010 and the compendiums. I can't get the link up on this stupid phone and I don't have internet at my new place yet tho :(, but if you run a search for faq 2010 on here you'll find it. These are just additions and revisions of the base rules published on gw's site.

Bah I can wait my man :)

Still deciding how to paint the other ships hahah!

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 04:05:37 AM »
The link:
http://tinyurl.com/23nul8q

Nothing wrong with lists, use FAQ/Marine document to spice up the Strike Cruisers.

Painting: neat colour selection. Thin your paints and thin your paints. Best advice I can give at this point. And paint the inside of the weapon battery guns black.

Offline Fidel

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »
Ok so this is what I came up with after... deliberating with myself?   

This is a 1500 Point List (1495)

Seditio Opprimere (MOTF - Master of the Fleet) (should I add rerolls???)

Strike Cruiser + Shield

Strike Cruiser + Shield

Strike Cruiser + Shield

Strike Cruiser + Bombardment Cannon

Strike Cruiser + Bombardment Cannon

Gladius

Gladius

Gladius

Gladius

Gladius

Now I like this. Very Balanced, can really outmanuvre most foes... (damn you Eldar!!!!). Now should i drop something for re-rolls... or what? Critique pleaseeeee

Edit:

I also kinda Like this:

Seditio Opprimere (MOTF - Master of the Fleet)
3 Strike Cruisers w/extra shield   
2 Bombard Strike Cruisers w/extra shield
5 Swords
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:29:55 AM by Fidel »

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:30:44 AM »
This is the second list exactly like this I've seen this week, must mean its good :P. Go with the second one, swords are a bit slower but that shouldn't be an issue as they're just as fast as the strike cruisers. As a side note, isn't the Seditio Opprimere an ultra marines exclusive? Or is this something that's going to become a generic "venerable" bb?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
I would not allow the Seditio in a non-Ultramarines fleet. As a stretch only in Ultramarine successor chapters.

So, this trend is worrying. Which means the regular Barge must get the extra shield. :)

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
Thats what I thought, why allow every imperial/chaos ship as a venerable bb when you could just take this. I think there should be more examples of chapter specific venerable bb also tho.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 05:09:40 PM »
I think it's only worrying on paper. On the table the SedO isn't quite as useful since the typical role of the BB is to provide long range firepower and the thing is a VBB which means it gives up 100% VP for just getting crippled. It's a fun fleet but not as strong as your regular BB I think and there are other options for a VBB that fill holes in the SM fleet better than the SedO does and do it cheaper.
-Vaaish

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »
With the rest of the Marines being short ranged the regular Barge will end up short range at one point or another. The SO is also good the Marine style of boarding & teleport attacks (eg one must be close).

Offline Fidel

• Lurker
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
With the rest of the Marines being short ranged the regular Barge will end up short range at one point or another. The SO is also good the Marine style of boarding & teleport attacks (eg one must be close).

I thought this as much. The strike cruisers will probably be in sluggging range with the extra shield, so I would enjoy the battle barge to get up there right in the mix with teleport attacks/boarding attacks. But you have some good points about the VP conditions. So is there a better Venerable BB..... should I use a normal one???

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
I would not allow the Seditio in a non-Ultramarines fleet.
Hear hear! I strongly support this motion ;). If nothing else, it must simply always be painted as an Ultramarines ship, even if the fleet is a different chapter.

Rules for the SW Emperor Battleship would be pretty neat. I mean, it'd likely be just the same as a regular VBB, but with a tweak or so for flavor.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 09:13:45 AM »
Hear hear! I strongly support this motion ;). If nothing else, it must simply always be painted as an Ultramarines ship, even if the fleet is a different chapter.

This would mean that it would never get played. Who'd paint up their fleet in the terrible SM colour scheme?