August 07, 2024, 04:25:06 AM

Author Topic: Question on Chaos Sprue Identification  (Read 2847 times)

Offline lastspartacus

Question on Chaos Sprue Identification
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
So I always thought, since I was a newb at BFG, that the three different emplacements you can put on the dorsal spine of a chaos cruiser were all alternate lance stations.  I figure I'm wrong at this point, but what ARE they each representing?

Offline Zelnik

Re: Question on Chaos Sprue Identification
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:58:22 PM »
The three bits are interchangeable, and all count as lances.  For the most part, its a matter of style for the player... I like the more classic "Triple barrel" lance cannon myself.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 11:28:44 PM »
Ok, because I was reading on the bitsbarn and they had the triple barrel listed as defensive turret, and the quad as weapon battery.  Then I thought, hey, there should be a dorsal battery option, so it made sense one of them would be that.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48:05 PM »
ya theyre all player preference imps have 2? options if i remember correctly also.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 01:10:32 AM »
Well thats a darn shame for imperials with no clear options.  Wish it was more clearly defined across the board.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 06:18:53 AM »
Ok, because I was reading on the bitsbarn and they had the triple barrel listed as defensive turret, and the quad as weapon battery.  Then I thought, hey, there should be a dorsal battery option, so it made sense one of them would be that.
haha, that is self created wisdom by the bitsbarn seller.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »
I would use either of the quad barrel turrets to represent lances. I'd use the triple to represent a weapon battery.

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »
Well thats a darn shame for imperials with no clear options.  Wish it was more clearly defined across the board.

and just what sir prevents you from using the lances from the chaos bitz? there's nothing specifically chaotic abut them that should cause issue. In fact I am currently working on a rescued Mars battle cruiser that i stuck a lance from that (due to its greater height and narrow width) to the forecastle. I look at the options and don't see 2IN and 3 chaos options but instead see 5 total options regardless of fleet! This is especially true for dorsal lances IMHO 8)
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."