August 21, 2024, 04:18:58 PM

Author Topic: [MORD] Scurvy Dogs (Prepare to be boarded!) - Mordheim Pirates  (Read 12083 times)

Offline Eliazar

Some people might already know them from Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum, but here they are none the less: Captain Jack "Redbeard" Johnson and the crew of the Violet Tendencies, Horror of the High Seas and doom to many a careless vessel.

[I apologize for the sometimes poor pictures, I don't have my camera at the moment and did not quite figure out how the other camera works]

First of, a group shot:

The Heroes

Jack "Redbeard" Johnson, Captain

Jiang Wei of Cathay, First Mate

Ismail Fara-Tag, The Blind, Second Mate

Jim Hopkins, Cabin Boy

Martin the Monkey, Cabin Boy

The Henchmen

Snorri Alekeg, Crew

Skadi Bluebeard, Crew

Silent Bill, Crew

Nkunda Gabé, Boatswain

Booming Bartholomew, Gunner

Jan Jansen, Ex Sartosa Mining Guild, Gunner

Gunther von Zahn, Gunner

Samuel Eagle-Eye, Gunner

WIP

Ogre Gunner, Wardog

Gunner with Swivel Gun

"It happens that the probabilities of extermination are all on the wrong side." (Florence Finch Kelly)

Offline illuvitar

• Lurker
Re: [MORD] Scurvy Dogs (Prepare to be boarded!) - Mordheim Pirates
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:51:49 AM »
Fantastic, great concept, great work !

Offline Velsharoon

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »
I think a  ;D says it all

Nicely painted and some great ideas, the models scream character

Offline cianty

• Cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:51:56 PM »
Awesome work, Eliazar! It's good to see the warband in its entirety like this.  :)

Offline pancreasboy

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:58:19 PM »
I love warbands with character and this one certainly does!

Great work!

Offline Eliazar

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 06:53:55 AM »
Thanks everyone :)
"It happens that the probabilities of extermination are all on the wrong side." (Florence Finch Kelly)

Offline Chaos_Rabbit619

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:34 AM »
ok just a couple of comments and a suggestion (or two) and a few questions...

comments:
wow !!, what great looking minatures, imaginatve concept and a well done paint job too...

overall an outstanding job.

suggestion:
instead of calling Snorri Alekeg, a crew memeber i think i would make him the galley cook. He looks like one and all ships need someone to cook for the crew ( afterall who is gonna be in charge of the Ale and the slop?)

Now you got a fine bunch of lads for your ship, but no crew is complete with out a couple of wenches  ...

question:
where did you get the moneky?

do you plan to make a ship for them?

how come the dog and the gunner dont have planks under them?

Offline Eliazar

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »
Yes, I am building a ship for them, the project is just stalled at the moment due to other priorities. That's what it looks like so far:

Actually, I am planning on making a halfling cook, while Snorri is the ship's purser (that's as far as I know, the person who takes care of the supplies... you can't trust a halfling ;) ). Here, I just called him crew as that's what he represents rules-wise.

There is, actually, a story to all of them. I just did not manage to write everything down. In case you are interested, there is a thread on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum:

Background fluff and Battle Reports (with pics) of the Scurvy Dogs

I might post this stuff over here, too, just did not have the time.

Now on to the other questions... the dog is not on a planked base, as I took the warband to a Mordheim metting and was just deciding to take him the night before I went there, so I had no time to do a base for him yet. The gunner is not finished, either, and as I intend to swap the old Marauder swivel gun for the one from the GW Manour, but haven't aquired the gun yet, I did not make a base for him (not being sure if he will fit on a standard base then, or if I have to use this precious base ;) )

As for wenches... a whole crew of them (aka Black Scorpion Piratesses) is stuffed away somewhere beneath a load of hobby projects :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:18:56 PM by Eliazar »

Offline cianty

• Cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »
The monkey is from the Warhammer Empire Handgunners sprue, by the way. They're perfect for any pirate crew.
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/2009/01/tommes-boringe-pyrate-logbooke-part_17.html

Offline Chaos_Rabbit619

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »
i see great possibalities for your ship, may i suggest the trophey spikes from the chaos tanks...of you'll just need to leave out the Space marine helmets, but they have that fence with skulls and heads, i think they would look perfect for railings for a pirate ship
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:12:56 PM by Chaos_Rabbit619 »

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »
Love the boat. ;D
Very nice work.

Offline Ram Rock Ed First

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 04:44:57 PM »
Very nicely painted and modelled Eliazar. I especially like the mixed species in the crew, it's very much like Kera Foehunters Chaos Dwarf Pirate army for WHFB as seen on Chaos Dwarves Online. As a Suggestion have a look through her thread as she's also done a pirate ship and it might give you ideas towards completing yours:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1546&page=1

Ram.

P.S. Are we allowed to link to other forums from here? I understand about non-GW models et al, Chaos Dwarves Onlien focuses as much as possible on GW based conversions and keeping the CD's alive for potential re-do at a later stage so are mainly GW as a whole.
Styrofoamking to me, 30th September 2009:

Still, I would love your opinion when you can, as I consider you both a friend, and Mordheim's 'Reverse Engineer" - you break it apart to see how it works.

Has anyone seen my Warplock Blunderbuss or Moon Dancing Paint?