September 11, 2024, 10:17:11 PM

Author Topic: Designing an improved base  (Read 10418 times)

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Designing an improved base
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
Hey,
the banner, hmm, it looks stylish. Really. But it could be small for some ship names. Secondly not everyone wants a name tag on the base.

I'd pick the blank one any day and I seriously doubt if I would buy a base with a fixed name tag/plate.

Offline mangozac

• Resin Addict
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 11:40:38 AM »
Well that's why there will be the three options available ;)

The name plate seemed like a good idea at the time and although I probably wouldn't use it, it's made so I might as well make it available. Indeed the banner will be too small for some names, but people have indicated that they do want it. Either shorten the names of your ships or just paint really small letters  :P

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »
Then it is all good. ;)

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 01:47:19 PM »
The banner is nice but not stylistic fitting for all races and I like to read the name of my ships as I send them away toward the enemy (I take the heading mark to be forward but it doesn't have to be). I guess you can make an argument that the enemy should read the name of ships about to destroy him :)

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
Probably best to have a name plate that could fit onto a base snugly (ie, curved to the base) but separate. Attach with magnet, glue or bluetack, etc, as each individual chooses. In which case I would avoid the scroll pattern and simply use a typical "brass nameplate" style.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »
Ya no way could I fitLegacy of Prospero on that ^^

Offline mangozac

• Resin Addict
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 10:36:05 PM »
OK I've had a few people comment that they would rather see the banner on the rear of the base (like the plate) so that might just be the way to go. I briefly toyed with having it on the side too. I could go with Sigoroth's suggestion of having it a separate piece - something I did consider earlier - but that does increase the cost. The flexibility might just make it worth the extra cost though.

I do like the "brass nameplate" suggestion for the banner also - indeed it would look more suitable for other races. It's a shame I can't add a poll into the thread...

Ya no way could I fitLegacy of Prospero on that ^^
Then I suppose you would have to go with the larger name plate style. Or a blank base and paint it directly onto the base.

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »
I like sig's suggestion for a separate name plate