September 15, 2024, 02:18:41 PM

Author Topic: Grog's Guide to BFG 2.0; part 2, the Forces of Chaos  (Read 11579 times)

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
Re: Grog's Guide to BFG 2.0; part 2, the Forces of Chaos
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
I think it's not too bad.  As far as 'Guides' go I've read worse.  Sig, remember that everyone plays slightly differently, and, it does give a fairly accurate overview of the various ships roles.  

And explain your reasoning.  Otherwise it's just trolling.
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline scar face

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 04:49:23 PM »
What way do you think your post is giving sufficient recommendation? You haven't even given a desription on why it's a bad guide.....

scar

I cannot speak to the "sufficiency" of the recommendation, merely that it is my recommendation. Take it or leave it.

Hmm, leave it.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 05:26:21 PM »
I think it's not too bad.  As far as 'Guides' go I've read worse.  Sig, remember that everyone plays slightly differently, and, it does give a fairly accurate overview of the various ships roles.  

And explain your reasoning.  Otherwise it's just trolling.

Explain your reasoning for stating that expressed opinions devoid of reasoning is trolling, which, if true, means you were just trolling, since you provided no reasoning to support your assertion. If false, it means you're wrong. So, you're either wrong or a troll. You could be both. I believe you are wrong at least, since there is no particular reason why I can't state an opinion which is of value at least in so far as those reading it know that support for the guide is not unanimous.

As for this "guide", well, I see no reasoning in it. All I see is unsubstantiated opinions baldly stated. I don't know why I'm expected to provide some reasoning when the guide's author is not.

However, since you asked for my reasoning, it is this: I don't believe that a newbie forming their own opinion of the individual ships could do a worse job than the guide's author. They might do as bad perhaps, or only a little better, but it's not very likely they'd do worse. Therefore, telling them to ignore this guide is a step in the right direction, even if I do nothing to replace the guide, or correct the mistakes.

Offline scar face

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
Do you have a guide I could read?

scar

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »
Do you have a guide I could read?

scar

No.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
Hi,

if you want to see how Sigoroth goes on a fleet check out Warp Rift 11 for his view on the Imperial Navy (v1.0 of BFG keep that in mind).

On Port Maw I tagged along Zelnik's grog's. Cool threads they've been. Lost in the interwebs....

Offline Carrington

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »
I don't believe that a newbie forming their own opinion of the individual ships could do a worse job than the guide's author. They might do as bad perhaps, or only a little better, but it's not very likely they'd do worse. Therefore, telling them to ignore this guide is a step in the right direction, even if I do nothing to replace the guide, or correct the mistakes.

Authority is earned. From other people's posts on this forum, it seems like Sigoroth has earned some degree of respect and authority within the community.  

But, just from reading this thread, its not clear to me why this is so.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
Hey,
I know Sigoroth from the really old SG forums. When BFG had its very own forum supported by SG and all.

From that he has offered lots of advices and ideas etc.

Yes his view can be very rigid. And yes, sometimes I think he is to harsh in his words (with regards to an open forum availaible to all ages ;)) . But I do valid his opinion. And the thing is, if he called you a pitchfork and you called him a spoon he will not be upset by the words (mere by the reasoning he doesn't agree with). ;)

Offline Taggerung

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »
Just ignore Sigoroth. He is just an angry little teenager who has a mommy that doesn't love him.