August 07, 2024, 06:17:57 AM

Author Topic: Any news?  (Read 24027 times)

Offline Zelnik

Re: Any news?
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2011, 09:09:43 PM »
you know, I expected this from the start... 

It makes me glad that I personally don't give GW any more cash, I only work through their subsidiary, forgeworld. 

Offline Caine-HoA

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 02:59:36 AM »
:-( bad news

But we as the community have this rules and any gaming group can use it besides what GW is uploading or not...

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2011, 04:16:50 AM »
Altho I understand that it would be nice for GW to recognize the work put in this its really not necessary. Most players accept the faq 2010 as the rule, and the only tournament I've see recently has used these as well. GW may say whats cannon, but the players will determine what's right.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »
Exactly. I suggest in the general discussion that we post the link in a stickied post to all the major rules links... 2010FAQ, all the suppliments, and even the diasporex update too.

Lets make it easy to find and access.

Offline Koshi

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2011, 07:28:10 AM »
Would be a good idea!

And that GW don't upload this document on their HP doesn't matters me. My group has acceptet the FAQ2010 and so we play with it. We also use the tyranid rules from the Warp-Rift because they are not as superior as in the normal rules. And we're fine with them. As long as I know where to find FAQ2010, it will be fine.

Offline lordgoober

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2011, 05:20:11 PM »
That being said,  it looks like all the files have disappeared from the Googledocs section they were in before.  These files all will be in effect for Adepticon so I need to have a place where they will be findable.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:56 PM »
I think that the google docs layout just messed with their location. I still have all of them accessible here:
https://docs.google.com/#folders/0Bw_dULEfC3rbYzUyNjQzZTAtMDZiMS00ZjRlLWJjNzMtYTE5YmNjZjdjODQ1
-Vaaish

Offline lordgoober

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
yeah.  I refound them about 20 minutess ago

Offline CyberShadow

• Administrator
  • Swarm Tyrant
    • Loc: Singapore
    • CyberShadows Hobby Blog
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2011, 01:44:48 PM »
So..... I gotta mail from Ray.... and I don't know when he will post it..... but Jervis talked crap to him....

GW will not upload any file to their site as it overrides published rules (armada & rulebook).

Which is crap. Ships of Mars, Doom of the Eldar, Yriels Raiders, Powers of Chaos is pdf only.
FAQ.

I am happy to host BFG files here that are not already on the GW web site, and I will be creating a BFG specific section of resources and content for exactly this kind of thing.
My blog: http://www.cybershadow.ninja
The Tactical Wargames Network: www.tacticalwargames.net

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2011, 10:15:36 AM »
As I said to Horizon in a PM reply, I think you could get updated rules on the GW website if they were just bugfixes, correcting typos and points costs mistakes etc. Maybe some occasional changes where greatly needed.

But you'll not have any luck getting additional content into the rulebook, IMO.

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've been waiting with baited breath at the door mat of my inbox for any reply from Jervis. Nothing so far, and as it's been over a month I doubt anything will materialise.

I'm obviously unhappy (angry..) with how this has turned out, but the FAQ is still an awesome resource. I feel an unofficial updated rulebook would be a great project, IP be damned!  ;)

Cheers,

Ray
+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »
I cannot phantom how it was impossible for you to ask Jervis/GW to update pdf only fleets. PDF's which never have been in a published book. Armada is no longer being sold = pdf only as well.

Does Jervis know about all of this?

pdf only should be updated in a whim.

I am flabbergasted about it, really. My brains just fail to understand why they cannot do that.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
Well he is busy I gather, but still I'd hoped he could have gotten something to you by now. Somewhat frustrating.
-Vaaish

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2011, 03:47:07 PM »
I think we all know what Jervis is busy doing: giving more Codecies to Matt Ward to defile.  BTW: in official fluff now Necrons have shields on their tombships which are supposedly slower then Battle barges now, when they are not using the webway (you read that right).
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »
Yeah... I know.... GW killed Necrons. After the narvhal nid disaster they do this. lolz