October 18, 2024, 01:16:06 PM

Author Topic: [WM] DaveCs various warmaster projects  (Read 43547 times)

Offline DaveC

[WM] DaveCs various warmaster projects
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:12:36 PM »
Greetings some of you may remember my work from the old forum if not I'll try and dig up some old photos later.

I hadn't painted a Warmaster figure in a long while till today when I saw the forum was back I sat down and painted my Ogre Hunter hey it's only been knocking around for over a year.

Here's the "green" as a reminder

And the painted version

Not yet based as I haven't worked out what sort of base I want yet.

Here's the Rhinox riders I painted before:

The bases have been stripped since as I wasn't happy with them so they need basing as well.

I'm going to try and do somemore work on the Ogres and hopefully post some more pics soon.

C&C welcome as always

Oh here's Goldtooth he's had more work since this pic.

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
Re: [WM] DaveCs various warmaster projects
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:56:03 PM »
Here we go again  ;)
I am trying to curb my purchasing of new armies and now you start a thread with great miniatures like this!

As always Dave great work, as inspirational as always.

Offline Pugwash

• Warmaster Downunder
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:16:55 AM »
Fantastic!  Awesome! Amazing!  Inspirational! :o

Please keep posting your pictures as you work, although like azrael71, I worry about the effect you may have on my finances!
Warmaster Downunder http://warmasterdownunder.blogspot.com - My Armies, Painting and Battle Reports.

Offline TuffSkull

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
I just signed up specifically to reply to this thread. I'm a big fan of small scale sculpting & in particular painting & this is some of the finest going.

Keep up the good work - its an inspiration!

Cheers,
Paul "TuffSkull" T.

Offline Lord_Bruno

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 11:17:10 AM »
Great work!!! the weapons of the first ogre have awesome detail  :o

Offline DaveC

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »
Thanks all

I've finished the butcher this morning

The "green"

and painted

I'll finish the cauldron and some skulls for the base later he'll be put on a 40mm base like all the Heroes.

Here's the green from the Rhinox's (which are my own sculpts).

Just the Tyrant to do to get the command stuff done I'll probably have a look at him tomorrow. At some point I plan to add a second Butcher and a Thunderlord on Rhinox but these will do for now it's a shame the GW pulled the BOFA trolls as this is what I used as the base for the conversions it means the chances of doing a unit of maneaters is now limited.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:46:19 PM by DaveC »

Offline jazw61

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »
Really very, very nice work! Inspirational in fact! Thanks for sharing!

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »
Now all you need is a semi official army list  ;)
How many points are you aiming for?

Offline DaveC

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »
If only  ;D mmm I currently have 2290 points of miniatures not including Goldtooth and that includes 2 units of Rhinox riders (if said army list existed  ;))

I've undercoated the Tyrant ready to start painting in the morning I'll be up at 8 for the grand prix so I'll be able to get a good run at it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:40:38 PM by DaveC »

Offline Chaos_Rabbit619

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 11:20:32 AM »
 (insert Hal9000 voice here )"Hello Dave..."

Holy @#$%^&*!!!!  man that is fan - freaking- tastic!!!  the detail is outstanding! i had to remind myself what scale these minis were when i was looking at these, cuz with the amount of detail on them they almost look like they are the scale of regular Warhmmer figures and not the smaller warmaster scale.  Dude, it almost makes me wish that you lived here in San Diego so i could commission you to do some stuff for me.

keep up the work and ill keep checking back in for more updates....

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »
Very nice and very original!

The sculpitng is superb. Do you have conversions/special-units-made-by-you of other armies?

Offline DaveC

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »
Jchaos79 yeah I have other conversions for other armies my Daemons have alot of conversions I'll dig out the pics at some point.

Chaos Rabbit I've pretty much taken a "warhammer" approach to painting these as they're detailed enough for it so some wet blending washes glazes etc.

Right Tyrant time,he took much longer than I thought he would about 8 hours or so but the fur and horns took forever to get right.

The "green"

The sculpt was inspired by the image of the tyrant on the Warhammer army book.

Painted

Managed to do a little of the base as well as he's on a rock to make him bigger than the others. Wasn't sure about the green trousers but the other two had the red and blueish trousers so he had to have green - I'm using these 3 colours on the ogres trousers as you can see from the Rhinox riders. Just a note on the skin tone he looks paler in real life I just can't be bothered setting up the light tent right now also I've gone for a "human" skin tone rather than the greyish Ogre tone for 2 reasons firstly I don't like the grey and second warmaster figures look better with brighter tones anyway.

All three command figures together

Thats the command done bar the bases so its on to troops I might do the Gorgers next as they're the same BOFA troll figures as the command without any conversion - they look like feral ogres anyway or I'm tempt by the slave giant.

Offline pw

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 10:26:46 PM »
Superb, truly inspiring stuff. I was thinking of starting a thread on my Lizardmen but they don't hold a candle to this lot! Looking forward to seeing more. :D

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »
These are really outstanding! Its unbelievable how much details you got on these tiny tiny miniatures! (both painting and sculpting!) Kudos!
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline DaveC

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »
pw post away lets see those lizardmen.

Right I've been at the plasticard and green stuff tonight and ........

Brettonian Grail Reliquae

Candles in 10mm are a nightmare!! I went for a horse drawn shrine as it's easier to do and I think its more fitting for a Grail Knight. The shrine has a flagstone effect and the chair is shaped like a fleur de Lie but it doesn't show up to well in the pics. I'll base the shrine on 40mm x 40mm base and keep the third stand seperate that way it's still practical to use but the unit will have to stay in column but thats not much of an issue.

I have no plans to paint this yet just got it in my head to convert it.

Here's the Trebuchet I converted before as it's no longer available