August 04, 2024, 11:22:58 PM

Author Topic: New to game, want to clarify some rules  (Read 5639 times)

Offline grinon22

• Lurker
New to game, want to clarify some rules
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:39:34 AM »
Hey guys! Love BFG, have a small group and we just wanted clarifications on a couple of rules:

1) With strike craft:
     a) Fighters vs other waved strike craft, do you remove the whole wave or squads equal to number of fighters?
     b) Fighters vs Torps, same question
     c) When shooting at strike craft/torps with WBs/Lances do you remove the wave or squadrons equal to damage inflicted?

2) As per the 2010 compendium, all torp waves are represented with a Str3 marker. Does this stand even if the wave is under str3?

I know i'm forgetting a couple, will talk to group and post when i either remember or find out, whichever happens first.

Thanks!

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
Re: New to game, want to clarify some rules
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:45:30 AM »
one fighter marker removes one other attack craft marker but a whole wave of torpedoes

when shooting at a flight of attack crafts or a wave of torpedoes, the whole is removed when hit by WB/Lance

yes, all torpedoes regardless of strength is a size 3. one size fits all :)

Offline grinon22

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
Awesome, thanks man!

Offline grinon22

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:04:18 PM »
Remembered another question:

If you have a resilient strike craft (IE Thunderhawk or Eldar Fighter) on CAP, if they pass their 4+ save when intercepting a bomber squadron, do they still get to move in the following movement phase with the ship as per CAP or do they have to wait to do that?

Offline RCgothic

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »
As written, they may not continue movement in the same phase that they intercept an enemy. If that's the ordnance phase before the movement phase, they may continue moving with the ship. If it's in the movement phase, then they drop out of formation at the point of contact.

The 'Stop where you are' rule is one of my more loathed ones in the new FAQ, and is being fixed in 'BFG:Revised', the unofficial BFG rewrite taking place in the BFG General Discussion forum.

Offline grinon22

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:47:50 AM »
With the thunderhawks, when they make bombing/hit&run attacks do they get their resilience save against turrets?

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:44:48 AM »
no resilience saves vs turrets

Offline grinon22

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »
Thanks. One question i had (we are trying to start a campaign) is where does Army Builder get all of its extra Appeals tables? IE it has Inquisition, Governor, etc that are not in the original campaign rules.

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 02:16:40 PM »
I doubt that it is in there. Bluedagger is the current Army Builder slave, but he is fairly new to the game (been playing about a year) and there are already a lot of issues with AB that he is working on fixing. Most people handwrite their lists for campaigns.

Offline grinon22

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
I know that he doesn't have the new 2010 stuff i'm just talking about where to find the added Appeals tables.

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 02:43:14 PM »
I know, I wasn't referencing the new stuff. I'm saying that the appeals charts probably aren't there. The work done for BFG on army builder is quite basic. Army builder due to licensing has to use volunteer work for each game system. Lots of work to do, and from what Bluedagger has told me, the person before him made quite a few mistakes with the rules, not to mention the fact that he encoded the whole thing through a .txt format instead of using the AB system (which could mean that it hasn't been updated in years).

The appeals charts aren't something that most people use. People don't play many campaigns, and until recently, appeals charts weren't part of one-off games.

Offline Valhallan

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 06:59:23 PM »

Offline Masque

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »
Thanks. One question i had (we are trying to start a campaign) is where does Army Builder get all of its extra Appeals tables? IE it has Inquisition, Governor, etc that are not in the original campaign rules.

Just to clarify, as I think everyone is misinterpreting your question...  Are you saying Army Builder has appeals tables that cannot be found in the main rule book and you are wondering what supplement they were printed in?

Offline grinon22

• Lurker
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »

Just to clarify, as I think everyone is misinterpreting your question...  Are you saying Army Builder has appeals tables that cannot be found in the main rule book and you are wondering what supplement they were printed in?

Thats correct

Offline Masque

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »

Thats correct

I don't know where the Inquisition or Governor appeals tables come from and I am pretty familiar with all of the printed materials that exist.  They could have come from Fanatic Online or from some fan made publication.  Are there any others you are wondering about?  List them all and I'll tell you if I know where any come from.  If anyone else knows where these come from, feel free to chime in.