September 14, 2024, 12:17:03 PM

Author Topic: BFG DE BB?  (Read 29965 times)

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
BFG DE BB?
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:08:06 PM »
any chance for a Dark Eldar Battleship?

while it may seem incongruent to their background, i don't believe this is true given even corsair eldars have a battleship

and i think they are the only major fleet without one

shouldn't  all fleets have one as a centerpiece sort to speak?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: BFG DE BB?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
Craftworld Eldar don't have a battleship as well. Aside of that I don't forsee a GW model in the next fifty years to be honest.

Offline marengo

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »
IMO what is incongruent (nice word by the way) is that Corsair Eldar have a battleship not that Dark Eldar don't.

If anything what the DEs need is a light cruiser.

I find that, due to the speed and manoeuvrability of the DEs, they don’t have much trouble avoiding battleships and don’t need anything to go toe to toe with one. 

Get in, hit hard run away.

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »
The Craftworld Eldar really should have a BB! I'm open to converting a Void Dragon into something bigger, or just being lazy and just giving it BB status!  ;D

The Corsairs on the other hand got one of the best looking models in the entire range with one of the most aggressive profiles. Actually If I were rewritting the Eldar the CWE would get a Voidstalker as a BB choice and the EC would get it as they do now but a 0-1 choice with the prince aboard.

DE on the other hand I can't see them having BB's unless it were a chartacter ship (where you needed your oponents permision).

Cheers,

RayB HA

+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »
craftworld's BB = the craftworld itself?

i don't anticipate SG putting out a DE BB
just want to get the community sense of things
and whether house rules has been made for such a craft
or what such a craft should be like
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:36:32 PM by fracas »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
Admiral d'Artagnan is building a DE battleship. With funky rules.

A Craftworld itself is much too big.

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:44:02 PM »
A Craftworld would be terrain!  :)

I can't really see why the DE would ever go so far as to make a BB! Maybe a GC (which is called a BB by the DE  ;))

Cheers,

RayB
+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
Why not? If only to upstage their cousins' (pweh!) version of a battleship (pooh! pooh!). Aside from which those battleships could have been leftovers from the old days when Eldar were still one race.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:51:00 PM by Admiral_d_Artagnan »

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 11:49:55 PM »
I still can't see them coming together to make something as massive as a BB for a Raiding fleet. It's not as if they get involved in full blown wars beyond acting as highly paid or opportunistic mercs!

However a prefall BB sounds awesome! This would have to be a character ship though due to its rarity and power! Also it wouldn't function in the same way as a normal DE cap ship, it would be a freak in the fleet!

Any ideas on a prefall Eldar BB?

I doubt it would be fast judging by the blackstone fortresses. 
Super armour (wraithbone).
Numerous shields (maybe even shields with saves).
Warp Cannons or similar.

Hmmmmm...

Cheers,

RayB

+++++++++++

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 07:26:44 AM »
Made one already. It's at Port Maw and the old SG site. Sadistic I called it. And yes, it is fast.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:28:37 AM by Admiral_d_Artagnan »

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »
Admiral, a link to you BB?

i understand that what DE does is mostly raiding (as does the Corsairs)
but the DE have all the more reason to battle than do the Corsairs, especially against the craftworlds.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »
I don't agree.

Only in the most dire circumstances Corsair-Craftworld-Dark Eldar would fight against each other.

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
Made one already. It's at Port Maw and the old SG site. Sadistic I called it. And yes, it is fast.

Can you post a link? I've tried searching through Port Maw but there's just so much Eldar!  :)

Also another thing to keep in mind is that the DE don't have bonesingers, so I would imagine the Wraith bone to be almost cancerous, or over grown. (Maybe even spikey  ;))

Cheers,

RayB
+++++++++++

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 02:22:56 PM »
Sadistic

At least I think this is the latest incarnation. LOL! It's been a while and it's an on-off thing. There's no pic yet but there is a model already. Another on-off thing. LOL!  :D I'll take a pic and post it up over the weekend.

PS: I found it using the Port Maw Search Engine immediately. Used "Sadistic" as the keyword.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 02:25:35 PM by Admiral_d_Artagnan »

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »
I must have tried everything but the name of the ship!  ::)

Sounds cool. Call it a GC!  :D

I've got a number of Blackstone conversions, I'll see if there is anything useable as a pre-fall BB.

Cheers,

RayB
+++++++++++