October 10, 2024, 03:14:03 AM

Author Topic: [WM] a bit of High Elves  (Read 83191 times)

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
Re: [WM] a bit of High Elves
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »
That looks damn good, and very doable in 10mm. I wouldn't buy too much into the new paints being "superior". That's just marketing hype. A foundation white/black would be useful though. They've been in the starter sets forever but haven't been available separate yet.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement - the foundation white is definitely the only thing I am really desperate for (ceramite white I think it's called).

After having pains undercoating my epic space marine tanks in white - I am considering spray-undercoating my Warmaster Helves in black  and working from there so having a foundation white to go with the others I have could be a real boon!

Got about 1000 points all mounted on lollipop sticks and ready to go. ^.^
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »
Given how much metal is on the WM elves I'd recommend priming them and then spraying them silver. The only units it wasn't worthwhile on was the Reavers.

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
Nearly done on the Reavers. All that's left is a wash on the gold, highlights on the hair and fetching, and touchup.

For the pennants I went with the classic Elvish Flaming Ying-Yang o' Death and a silhouette of a running horse.

I also finished up the putty work on my other Wizard this week. Everything from his left foot to the bottom of the staff and up is putty. He came out pretty good I think.

The Eagon the Dragle conversion is also done now too. I sculpted some skin in and around the wing gaps, replacement robe ends for the riders and a saddle and tack. I also started putting some paint on him.

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2012, 01:40:06 AM »
Very nice as always, I especially like the wizard, great work. Wouldnt have noticed the puttywork if you hadnt said so.
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline David Wasilewski

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
Always good to see a bit o' green stuff with warmaster!

Nice painting.

Dave

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
Greeting from Chicago. The Elves are done enough for Adepticon. I still want to finish basing them, and paint up the dragon and eagles to go along with them. The general's below. I might go back and repaint a few things red and or gold to make him stand out a bit more. I was pretty happy with how the decals came out though.

The second wizard is definitely a step below the first one I did. Not sure what I did to make the white so clean the first time but I couldn't seem to replicate it with this guy.

The Reavers are done as well. There was definitely a lot of details on these guys. Kind of a combination of the chariots and the archers in terms of painting.

Offline frogbear

[WM] a bit of High Elves
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
This army is simply awesome. Those decals really finish off those minis. Well done.

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
So what did I do this past week? If you guessed "Paint Eagon" you are wrong. If you guessed "Base your army and give yourself Flock Lung" that is correct... I'm not done yet, I still have to get the tufts on the Spearmen, Silverhelms, Reavers and characters, but I got the flock on and glued twice on the whole army.

Despite what inhaling the stuff may have done to my respiratory health I really like what the Army Painter Green Flock did for the bases. It's grainier that the Woodland Scenics stuff (which I could never get to look right) and works better as thick grass in 10mm I think.

The Archers, Chariots and Bolt Throwers are completely done at this point. As an FYI I'd recommend putting down the flock first then the tufts. I did it the otherway with these and it took a few minutes to get all of the flock worked out of the tufts.

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »
Great basework! A beautiful army to behold!
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »
Stunning!  Whilst I do love the mage on his fire column - by himself I think he looks amazing! =D
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Jo

« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »
That is one VERY impressing army.

Congratulations!!!

In sharp contrast to the heap of metal I play against  ;D

Offline Geep

« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2012, 05:26:51 AM »
That's a great looking army! The basing really helps bring it to life. It's also impressive how many foot troops you've painted to that standard without going mad.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2012, 08:07:12 AM »
Dave you have a magnificent army.

Do you usually play with the basic list or use the tournament WTA list?

Offline Brutalrage

« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
amazing