August 06, 2024, 05:10:57 AM

Author Topic: Points cost of Emperor?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Spellbound

• Lurker
Points cost of Emperor?
« on: May 22, 2009, 03:25:01 AM »
The Emperor Class Battleship has 365 listed next to it, while the Retribution has 345.

In the fleet summary, it goes down to 345 [and the Retribution is likewise switched to 365].  In my recollection, once I noticed this differential, I remembered it being cheaper than the Retribution.  Which set are the correct point costs?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Points cost of Emperor?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:10:21 AM »
365 = Emperor

Is also mentioned in FAQ.

Offline Spellbound

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:48:24 AM »
Thanks!  To keep from starting a new topic, maybe you can help me with this rules query, too:

The whole "fleet launch limit" is new to this era of gothic, last I heard of it it was just in a Planet Killer issue as a proposed rule.  The rulebook says that at the start of the ordnance phase I can voluntarily remove ordnance to increase the amount I'm able to have - but I already would have had to launch ordnance in the shooting phase.  So say I have 8 fighters out flying around that I plan to remove during the ordnance phase, I've reloaded, and I want to launch bombers - how does it work?  Do I have to remove them, then wait until the NEXT turn to be able to launch?  Or can I declare that I'm launching, remove the fighters, and go on moving the bombers afterwards?

You know, I just looked at my old Battlefleet Gothic rulebook, from the original game, and the Emperor's 345 in that one.....did they go ahead and officially switch the two, or what are the odds the FAQ writer just made an arbitrary choice?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:26:34 AM »
If you d/l the new rulebook at GW (or buy it) it has the cost for the Emperor at 365 in the profile, 345 in the fleer list. In the FAQ it is set at 365 definitive.
It was a community request to swap Retribution and Emperor points.

So an official change.

On the launch limit: I have to check but I recall that ordnance could be removed at the start of the movement phase. So that would solve your problem.

Checked, lol. They should've written movement phase. Now it doesn't make sense at all.

Ray?

Offline trynerror

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »
We recall the ordnance in the opponents ordnance phase after he has finished moving his ordnance. So I think they got it right after all, because that has the same effect as removing at the beginning of the own movement phase.