September 12, 2024, 08:21:12 AM

Author Topic: Why does the Apocalypse have a 15cm speed?  (Read 7318 times)

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
Re: Why does the Apocalypse have a 15cm speed?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 04:07:13 PM »
Who said anything about CTNH? I'm talking about BR. Please read the BR rule on p. 11; BR in grey box, p. 12; BR in grey box on p. 16; and BR in grey box, p. 17. There is a minimum forward move required for a battleship but BR OVERRIDES this.

I admit, I had forgotten that part too.  (usually when I see a BB burn retros it's to avoid a collision with something nasty)  It's still only a 45 degree turn though.  You'll have to do it twice to bring her abeam. 
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline commander

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »
Who said anything about CTNH? I'm talking about BR. Please read the BR rule on p. 11; BR in grey box, p. 12; BR in grey box on p. 16; and BR in grey box, p. 17. There is a minimum forward move required for a battleship but BR OVERRIDES this.

I admit, I had forgotten that part too.  (usually when I see a BB burn retros it's to avoid a collision with something nasty)  It's still only a 45 degree turn though.  You'll have to do it twice to bring her abeam. 

Only??? It allows you to turn without moving the min distance before turning (BM's anyone?). Battleships cannot CTNH so turning their 45° on the spot when in contact with BM isn't bad at all.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »
Hey hey,
use Burn Retros lol.

The Apocalypse has 15cm speed because it is funny.

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 01:57:15 AM »

Only??? It allows you to turn without moving the min distance before turning (BM's anyone?). Battleships cannot CTNH so turning their 45° on the spot when in contact with BM isn't bad at all.

If she doesn't move 5cm she counts as a defense, which means she's a sitting duck for anything in range.  Since she's only turned 45 degrees, this means that she probably hasn't brought her broadsides to bare on the target yet.
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline skatingtortoise

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 03:42:43 AM »

If she doesn't move 5cm she counts as a defense, which means she's a sitting duck for anything in range.  Since she's only turned 45 degrees, this means that she probably hasn't brought her broadsides to bare on the target yet.

1) so BR and move 5cm, then turn. or turn then move 5-15cm.
2) by definition you are never more than 45 degrees away from a broadside arc, so you can always bring those big guns to bear.

the only problem you have is ships circling you and picking on your forward/rear arcs. in this situation, you should have support. if you havent, its your fault really.

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 03:43:38 AM »
You can turn then move anyway and anything which can place a BM on the Apoc means that it can shoot back at the shooter unless:

1. It was an NC or Armageddon Gun shot or
2. the shooter is in the rear of the Apocalypse which even then still has the possibility of the shooter getting into the arc of a an Apocalypse doing a 45' turn using BR.