September 12, 2024, 12:22:39 PM

Author Topic: Ships by sector  (Read 12618 times)

Offline Eddie Orlock

Re: Ships by sector
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 01:23:41 AM »
They were in fanatic magazine back in the day, they're all unofficial. Can't give you a link, but search for "additional ships compendium"
If it hasn't changed in a while, I think I already have that file buried somewhere on my hard disk. If this is true, I'm just mildly disapointed to see them listed along side the official classes.

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 05:47:22 AM »
Yeah, practically all of them are weird/would disrupt game balance. Some would just need a small stats revision to be playable.

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 07:47:59 AM »
And some would leave people screaming for my head on a plate.  Particularly IN fast battleships.
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline Valhallan

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 02:10:32 AM »
yep. the invincible would be ridiculous. 8 hit fast BB... crazy and way off from anything else the IN has.

I think your Ignis Class is *interesting* but really outclassed by by the proposed remake of the overlord.

Ultima is supposed to have a bunch of the 'leftovers' so i'd imagine they have the Avenger (and perhaps Vengeance) pretty commonplace.

if anyone wants to shoot ideas back and forth on the proposed ultima/eastern fringe list, send me a pm.

Offline Plaxor

• BFG files
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 02:13:57 AM »
I actually would like to Valhallan, if you're up for it I would like to work on a little project...

Forgot about overlord, will revise stats.

Offline Plaxor

• BFG files
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
So since we got rid of the Overlord in our Flawed ships document, I don't think it competes so well with the Ignus I built. However the Avenger does, but it doesn't have 6+ prow armor, and has to buy speed/torps....

I could see going as high as 14 on the sides of the Ignus, as it says in the fluff that it was a failed attempt to improve the weapons/speed of the vessel.