September 12, 2024, 12:17:20 AM

Poll

What Build do you think makes sense for the Savage gunship

30 points, no change
0 (0%)
35 points, no change
1 (20%)
35 points, Soopa Engines (rolls AAF speed normally)
2 (40%)
30 point, Soopa Engines
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Orks... Flawed Ships  (Read 27971 times)

Offline lastspartacus

Re: Orks... Flawed Ships
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
The lite kroozer is meh, I don't see the purpose for it in the fleet, at all.  Its not even strong on the front arc.

I think the warlord concept of controlling multiple squadrons and ships needs to go, too confusing. Either make it one ship/squadron like a chaos lord, or make them all proper fleet rerolls.

And I agree the Waaagh! fleet list needs a lower SR than the more crafty cyclops cluster orks, their modus operandi is completely different.
I say SR1, because if any fleet would have that, itd be Waaagh! orks ;)

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »
The lite kroozer is meh, I don't see the purpose for it in the fleet, at all.  Its not even strong on the front arc.

True, but it is something legal, and stats should be made for it that are balanced.

I think the warlord concept of controlling multiple squadrons and ships needs to go, too confusing. Either make it one ship/squadron like a chaos lord, or make them all proper fleet rerolls.

This fleet list/revision doesn't use that system. It uses the system from armada. However in this version it names a specific fleet commander and the others are essentially chaos lords. For pirates the fleet commander must be a Freeboota Kapitan and for Waagh! the fleet commander must be a warlord.
And I agree the Waaagh! fleet list needs a lower SR than the more crafty cyclops cluster orks, their modus operandi is completely different.
I say SR1, because if any fleet would have that, itd be Waaagh! orks ;)

Yep. However SR1 is a bit low to go, the Orks still are random/unpredictable even at Waagh! levels. So 2 is fine, just so long as its less than the pirate list.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »
for Waaagh! Orks I thought it was always 'Enter system, proceed straight towards planet, usually with huge clunky asteroid fleet.