August 04, 2024, 11:16:08 PM

Author Topic: Inquisition DRAFT v1.5 (HA)  (Read 42693 times)

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

Re: Inquisition DRAFT v1.5 (HA)
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 05:43:43 AM »
Yes and my point was it shouldn't have it because it's an oversized transport.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
I may be mad, but the Inquisition cruiser seems a little... weak for it's points. It really should have both the prow launch bays and the prow torpedo's, just like in the old PDF.  You get SO few of them, it should only make sense that they are strong enough to survive the inevitable firepower they will draw, and be able to dish it out.

Also, the Grey Knights need a battle barge option, even if it's the Diabolis Extremis (which i happen to love!)

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »
Also, the Grey Knights need a battle barge option, even if it's the Diabolis Extremis (which i happen to love!)

Why would they? They're not that many.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 10:53:38 PM »
because they are a very mobile space marine chapter? They are located close to mars, so they have access to it?
Because they can?

They are a -space marine- chapter.. AND the one that is normally sent to eradicate other space marine chapters. Without a mobile base of operations, they probably would not get far.

Another important note: The next codex to be released focuses on the inquisition and the grey knights.

I think we would be missing a HUGE opportunity to not include it, not to mention a sisters of battle strike cruiser (since they use the same equipment as space marines)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:59:32 PM by Zelnik »

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 11:29:16 PM »
I did some thinking, here are some ideas for a Grey knights barge

May -only- be taken in a pure Grey knights fleet. Only an Ordo-Malleus Inquisitor lord is allowed to be embarked on this vessel.

Grey Knights Battle Barge "Penitent Warrior" 440 points

Battleship/12 20cm, 45o, 6+ armor, 4 shields, 4 turrets

Armament
Port st 12 weapon batteries 45cm L
starboard st 12 weapon batteries 45cm R
Dorsal Bombardment cannon st 8 FLR 30cm
Prow Torpedo's St 6 F
Prow Thunderhawk Bay st 3.

Special Rules:
May not CTNH.

Chariot of Purity: The Penitent Warrior displays the very height of Imperial technology, with power and engine systems that are the envy of other chapters.  This vessel rolls an additional 1d6 on all ahead full special orders. The Penitent warrior is covered in protective runes and sigils that negate the effects of the marks of chaos.

The Penitent Warrior may replace it's prow torpedo's with the following weapon systems for no extra cost

Prow bombardment cannon, st 8 30cm F
Prow Psychic Cannon, st 1 45cm F
Prow Lance, st 3 30cm FLR

You may take the Penitent Warrior in a fleet of at least 1500 points, must embark an Ordos Malleus inquisitor lord, and only take Grey Knights Strike Cruisers and space marine strike craft to support it.

The Psychic Cannon: An ancient device of mysterious origin, it fires a massive blast of psychic energy at a target vessel. Designed to destroy or banish demon ships, it is still capable of incapacitating other vessels, and follows the following rules.

The psychic cannon fires like a lance, but hits on a 5+ (as it is more difficult to aim).  It may not be fired if the ship is crippled.

If it strikes a ship with shields up, place a blast marker on the vessel as if it were hit with a normal lance.  

If it strikes a ship with it's shields down, it causes one point of damage, and the following effect takes place:
IF a Demonship: It is immediately thrown back to the warp, and on a 4+, is destroyed.  If not destroyed it cannot heal the damage dealt by the psychic cannon.  
IF a normal ship: The vessel's weapon strength is halved for the next round
If a Tyranid ship: Synaptic control is knocked out for that vessel for one round. (if this is a hive ship, you cannot use it for re-rolls or rolling leadership. It's weapons are not effected).

The above effects DO NOT HAPPEN if the attack was successfully braced.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:34:58 PM by Zelnik »

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2011, 12:49:27 AM »
because they are a very mobile space marine chapter? They are located close to mars, so they have access to it?
Because they can?

They are a -space marine- chapter.. AND the one that is normally sent to eradicate other space marine chapters. Without a mobile base of operations, they probably would not get far.

And the Strike Cruiser can't suffice for this purpose because? Again, they're not that many. Definitely much much less than a Space Marine Chapter. They wouldn't be able to have enough serfs and servitors to man a Strike Cruiser much less a Battle Barge. If they need to battle in space, the Inquisitor can just ask for IN help.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2011, 01:39:32 AM »
Where does it say GK have less numbers than normal chapters?  Even if they had 666 members, thats enough to warrant a barge ;)

I always figured sisters rode around on whatever, or ecclisiarchy ships, if they are allowed to have any.  Not sure about that actually.

Daemonhunter cruisers?

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2011, 04:50:58 AM »
So far there isn't really a Grey Knights Codex at the moment. They are included in a codex with mixed models. Maybe the new codex will come out with something more substantial. But the fact that there is a mix suggests they're not really that many.

Even their origins, remnants of the Death Guard (around 70-ish) during the time of the Heresy, is additional proof and the fact that they're also the Chapter(?) which doesn't recruit just anyone off the streets. They have to make sure that the individual they choose is pious and pure that he won't defect to Chaos. That means a more stringent vetting procedure which means less recruits than norm.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2011, 04:54:30 AM »
Death Guard?  ::)Oh, is that new BL fluff?

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:53 AM »
More or less that's what the Horus Heresy series points out to. Main storyline is in Flight of the Eisenstein. Question now is whether it will translate to the codex which is what I am waiting for. Of course it could all be hogwash but everything points to the GK as seen much more rarely than even the regular SMs.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2011, 08:09:44 AM »
That's because they work in silence, and know better then to be anything more then a damn good reason to NOT fall to chaos.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2011, 11:29:32 AM »
As to the blackship, you are right, it is a huge transport.  But not like a high conveyor or whatever.  Its a super prison and super treasure ship, the Imperium's absolute best effort to keep its cargo away from unwanted hands.  6+ armor seems more a no brainer than 5 shields even.
It already is battleship points for cruiser weaponry, but if it needed a slight points hike for 6+ armor, then so be it.

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
I wouldn't put a ship full of psykers in a ship which will almost be nigh impossible to kill. What happens if they turn traitor? Think it will be easy to take it out? Sorry, no, 6+/5+ is good enough for a ship with 5 shields and turrets.

As for GK working in silence, really, they're just not that many of them.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2011, 07:16:13 PM »
Oh come on, why not make it 4+ in that case? ^^

Its a super prison with sororitas and other holy types.  I don't see defection likely.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2011, 09:29:24 PM »
Admiral... really sometimes your arguments give me radiation poisoning.

there are not that many space marines in general, typically only 1000 per chapter, unless you consider the really outlandish groups like black templars.

Admiral, first things first, question the merits of the ship on it's rules. As the new book is coming out, I am sure their numbers will grow. If they need to attack Space marine fortress monistaries or homeworlds, strike cruisers would simply NOT cut it. You know this as well as I do.

Look, I hate marines too, but I am trying to help this game follow the wave that will result when the new book comes out. Giving them a barge (which if you had paid attention to the rules, really is not that different then any other barge, aside from a few small toys).  This is about the game more then our petty hate of the space marines.

and don't let Baron know i said that, otherwise he will -never- let me live it down!