August 04, 2024, 07:23:26 PM

Author Topic: Inquisition DRAFT v1.5 (HA)  (Read 42669 times)

Offline Zelnik

Re: Inquisition DRAFT v1.5 (HA)
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2011, 02:12:52 AM »
I would think the blackship is a glorified transport, probably similar to the super-heavy cargo carrier being released with IA10.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2011, 03:52:35 AM »
Its much more than just a transport.  I understand why it is b-ship sized.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2011, 05:42:47 AM »
Uhm... Well i guess the real question is... what do we want to DO with an inquisition fleet? what slot should they fill in the game?

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »
I think they'd fit nicely in the bin.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2011, 09:39:07 AM »
Wow, harsh sig.  Care to back that up?

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm looking back at the posts going back five or six pages, and I see the debate has devolved somewhat into what each person's opinion of what the Grey Knightst should look like, what the ships should look like, what rols Inquisitors should play, etc. Except for the occassional bouts of impoliteness, as a whole this debate is healthy and appreciated.

This document is still in the process of being tweaked, and the profiles will likely be adjusted,keeping in mind that thes ships are intentionally more expensive than their profiles would suggest because of the role they play. However, at this point what I need to know most of all is whether or not any of the rules are actually broken or unclear, meaning there's a conflict built into the rules themselves, something that simply doesn't work, etc.

What I need to make sure of is that the mechanics themselves are clean. While the fluff debate is important, that is not the issue I am trying to address at the moment. Responses like "the whole rule set is only good for the bin," or, "change this profile to that or you can just go get bent," probably makes one feel better but aren't constructive toward making the rule-set playable. Thanks!
Check out the BFG repository page for all the documents we have in work:
http://tinyurl.com/23nul8q
:) Smile, game on and enjoy!           - Nate

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »
Well, in that case, allow me to display a problem with the inquisition cruiser.

It suffers from "battle barge" syndrome.  Namely, it's a huge honkin' target.  Unlike the barge, though, it cannot survive this attention for long.  It tends to be the first target in the crosshairs of the enemy, and gets bent almost as quick (as the resulting enemy fleet unloads into it). 

Either it needs to be able to survive the gauntlet, or more then just one should be allowed to be taken.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »
I would simply suggest that the GK need an even greater bonus to close combat than other marines do.

They seem to be able to take on even other marines, while outnumbered, like scythes through wheat.

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »
Well, in that case, allow me to display a problem with the inquisition cruiser.

It suffers from "battle barge" syndrome.  Namely, it's a huge honkin' target.  Unlike the barge, though, it cannot survive this attention for long.  It tends to be the first target in the crosshairs of the enemy, and gets bent almost as quick (as the resulting enemy fleet unloads into it). 

Either it needs to be able to survive the gauntlet, or more then just one should be allowed to be taken.

This is more of a tactics issue as opposed to the rules actually being broken.

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2011, 11:29:59 PM »
I would simply suggest that the GK need an even greater bonus to close combat than other marines do.

They seem to be able to take on even other marines, while outnumbered, like scythes through wheat.

True, but this is hard to extrapolate to the scale of BFG without making them far more overpowering than any race should be. Suggestions?

Offline skatingtortoise

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2011, 12:54:07 AM »
GK ignore enemy race bonuses to boarding and get a +1 themselves?

i dont think inquisition should get a bonus for grey knights though - not enough of them. the only thing i can think of is their general specialization towards killing whichever enemy theyve been sent after. best i can think of is a blanket left shift on gunnery, forcing enemy to reroll ld tests, high attack rating, stuff like that.

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2011, 01:35:39 AM »
just have them roll 2d6 and pick the highest in boarding actions.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2011, 02:11:36 AM »
Let them take a battle barge?

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2011, 02:36:24 AM »
Assuming they only embark on Strike Cruisers, would +3 instead of the normal marine +2 be overpowered?

Failing that, I approve of the 'marines, but other bonuses to boarding are negated'

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2011, 03:19:30 AM »
I have a wild idea. Why don't we postpone the creation of this list until the new codex comes out in april. that way we will have a much better idea of what GW wants to do with the army, and we can make a fleet to represent that.