October 02, 2024, 11:21:04 PM

Author Topic: [WM] Jchaos79 warmaster projects  (Read 211445 times)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: [WM] Jchaos79 warmaster projects
« Reply #405 on: October 25, 2014, 05:16:45 PM »
Ha ha, whenever I see Fishmen / Deep Ones they are always grungy, dark, blue or green colours.

Seeing bright, tropical colours is a change!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »
 :D

Offline Draccan

• Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »

Hahahaha I love those fishmen !!!!!
Go Nemo!!
I really would love to buy some Warmaster Kislev, Araby, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Chaos demons ...

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2014, 06:16:51 AM »
Project: Poseidon and fishmen army

Unit 3rd shoal, tunamen

Tunamens use to fight with harpoons and nets.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:18:20 AM by jchaos79 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2014, 06:10:17 PM »

Character: Commander Golden fishmen (Hero)

Golden fishmen are from the aristocracy of fishmen society, they are sofisticated, well educated and usually the leaders of the shoal.

Character: Blue fishmen (Heros)

Blue fishmen are strong and very violent kind of fishmen. They use to dominate other using the force and brawl

Project Poseidon and fishmen army

Unit: Lobster monster

Giant lobster monster are a kind of wild lobster hungry of meat, with incredibly strong claws. Most of the fishmen have fear of this creatures as they are very wild

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:18:06 AM by jchaos79 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »

Unit: 1st unit of giant crabs

Gaint crabs are strong lethal, not too much intelligent but with enough brains to follow the orders straigh for.

I face the problem that diameter of the base are bigger than 20mm, so do not fit in warmaster bases, so I use the third dimension. Some putty dunes were made to tilt a little bit the figure and to fit with the central base.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:17:37 AM by jchaos79 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #411 on: November 01, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »
Project: Empire crusade army

Unit: 5th knightly order regiment, Knights Panther

The Knights Panther was established following the wars against Araby. The crusaders returned with many great treasures plundered from the palaces of Araby, including exotic animals the like of which had never been seen in the Old World before. When the victorious knights paraded through the cities of The Empire, many did so with the panthers of Araby padding alongside them, led by a golden chain. The Knights traditionally trim their clothes and crests with whatever appropriately exotically patterned fur they can find.

Offline forbes

• Loc: North West, UK
« Reply #412 on: November 01, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »
I do like the fish men, and the lobsters and crabs!! Totally bonkers, but in a cool way.

I've just been flicking through the last few pages, and it's good to see that I'm not the only one who flits between projects. There's loads of good stuff, are you adding to existing armies, or building new ones, a few units at a time?

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #413 on: November 01, 2014, 10:22:24 AM »
Thank you Forbes! I  regularly lurk your paint diary in Pendraken forum, and I like really like your style.

I am a bit chaotic, so I paint by impulses. Something that kills me is paint twice the same unit at a time, so I use to keep all my armies expanding unit after unit. Sometimes when I have a game in my agenda I paint in order to complete the list I made on the paper.

I am very conservationist with the rules so I do not like to change or invent new armies (when I was younger  ;) I did but then I realize that is more difficult than start writting the first think that passes your mind in a paper, then even if it properly design It is needed to be played, because I distrust of the rules playtested only in the mind of very wise people that do not need to take the dice to know what would happend... but I guess my discussion is going out of the topic....

where were we... yep, recently I am not having too much games so to keep my interest high I organize my figures to be painted in Miniprojects of 3 to 6 unit each. And it is working for me, it keeps my interest high! Also I am making an effort of thinking and writting a few lines of each unit I paint. Suprisling this exercise provokes to some kind of chain reaction and new ideas of units pops my mind. Also I think make the painting diary more pleasant for the readers.

Poseidon and fishmen army would fit in the following games:
- In a daemon army, as fomori or fishdaemons. - Use daemon army
- As part of a lizardmen army, or cool blood army (lizards + serpent men + fishmen) - use lizardmen army
- As an army itself against greeks (a kind of mythological game), then maybe I would use the ogre kingdom armylist.. do not know yet.

I am not concerning about the rules, so they would adpat to the specific game or battle I will have rather than setting general rules or armylists. I usually paint for the concept and the joy of painting.

My goal is painitng a unit per week, Last year almost did with 52 painted units. Now with a little children/baby in the house keeping the production is a real challange.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #414 on: November 01, 2014, 03:28:18 PM »
Last night was Halloween, so I decide stay at night painting and start a new project called...

Project: Vampire Counts and other things that bump in the night

Unit: 1st horde of zombies

Common people, villagers, peasants grappled by the desease of zombification, they wander around Vampire counts armies or gather among other monstuiosities during the night.

Project: Vampire Counts and other things that bump in the night

Unit: 2nd horde of zombies

This zombies were once great warriors, fighters and military men. Even in the actual state they still hungry of blood and violence

Happy Halloween!!

Offline dry_erase

• Loc: London
« Reply #415 on: November 01, 2014, 04:48:45 PM »
Project: Empire crusade army

Unit: 5th knightly order regiment, Knights Panther

Love these! The blue highlights on the horse barding really stand out - they must look fantastic on the tabletop.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #416 on: November 01, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
Thanks dry_erase, the picture is not a very good one, so in the table looks better.

The base color is Stormy blue from Game Colors, the highlight is Andrea blue of Model color mixed with a little bit of stormy blue.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #417 on: November 01, 2014, 11:32:36 PM »
Continuing the Halloween weekend I just finished two terrorific units

Project: Vampire count and all things that bump in the night

Unit: 1st Pack of werewolves

This pack is a clan of werewolves, they are all related and when the moon raises they feel the change and gather together to go wild.

I would use the stats of the gouls to represent this unit because the werewolves are alive, but probably I buy them a banner or magical item to improve the profile and fit better with the idea of werewolves.

Project: Vampire count and all things that bump in the night

Unit: 1st gathering of tormented souls / ethereal host

When someone pass away full of hate or because a great unjustice they became a powerfull spirit, condemn to roam the night. Other spirits feels the atraction of the powerful entity so it happens a gathering of tormented souls. The leader of this gathering is the Headless rider.

Unit: Poseidon, Lord of the seas. General of the army

is one of the twelve Olympian deities of the pantheon in Greek mythology. His main domain is the ocean, and he is called the "God of the Sea". Additionally, he is referred to as "Earth-Shaker" due to his role in causing earthquakes, and has been called the "tamer of horses". He is usually depicted as an older male with curly hair and beard.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2014, 08:15:25 AM »
Finishing the Halloween weekend and finishing the project here it comes the last unit - project complete-:

Project: Vampire counts and all the things that bump in the night

Unit: 2nd pack of Ghoules

The leader of this necrophagous couminity is Mr. Kimbley, a wise and friendly guy who read forbiden papers. Anyway, unfortunately the rest of the comunity is not quiet as Mr. Kimbley

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #419 on: November 02, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »
Project complete: VAMPIRE COUNTS AND ALL THINGS THAT BUMP IN THE NIGHT

2x zombies; 1x werewolves; 1xghouls; 1x ethereal host

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 11:42:49 AM by jchaos79 »