October 02, 2024, 11:23:08 AM

Author Topic: [WM] Jchaos79 warmaster projects  (Read 211366 times)

Offline Carrington

Re: [WM] Jchaos79 warmaster projects
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »
I think the War Altar came with some useful characters as well, perhaps that Reiksgard Knight as well as some 'elite' halberdiers.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
I would like to show you my nurgle great deamon. It is a flying bulk of stinky matter and evil pretensions. It was painted a long long time ago.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:15:01 PM by jchaos79 »

Offline Angor

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »
That Greater Deamon is really cool! What model is it? Can we have a few more pictures of it please?

There is no school like the old school

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
These are disgusting  ;D which I suppose is the idea ;)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »
Thanks for the comment

That Greater Deamon is really cool! What model is it? Can we have a few more pictures of it please?

It is from Granedier. I think the model was sold only in a pack of demons. I could make a picture next week of the box (I still have it) if you are interested.

Of course you could see more pictures!, I am glad of sharing ideas, if you ever need/want/would more pictures (or comparision) of every unit I post I will be glad to post them

The really cool thing of the deamon is that when it is attach and fights, you could put the model on the rear with long edge of the base and it seem is going (flying) over the unit attached to attack.

The last picture is from a game it took place in christmas in 2008. I also like the other deamon with the whip (it seems like hit with the huge whip the hordes of chaos to lead them into battle  ;) cruel but that is what chaos plays)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:22:02 PM by jchaos79 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »
I show you two regimmet of dwarfs and characters painted last christmas.

- Red Beard regiment. Dangerous grunts!

- Rune regiment. These little dudes have magic pattern runes cast in their shields. (if it is needed represent a veterany)

- A glimpse of the characters + a dangerous bear prisioner (I am obsesed with this miniature)

Offline m4jumbo

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2009, 02:39:04 AM »
Great stuff.  You have alot of cool looking armies.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 09:11:54 PM »
Thanks M4jumbo

I show you another vintage miniatures, painted by my brother more than 10 years ago (uuuff, better not make math with the years... it is scary). Well here is the thing, she represent a kind of creature who live in the depth of the caverns. Night goblins feed her and call her the Spider Queen. When the battle will be of big proportions, the Queen crawls to the surface to support her greenskin people.

I use the stat of the sphinx, and only use her in the goblin army (not in the Orc and goblin)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:23:55 PM by jchaos79 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
Yesterday I paint my first attempt of converting warmaster 40K. The pics are not too good (neither the sculpting  :P) but I share it with you

- A space ork
- A tactical ultramarine
- A White scar

They are suit in the old power armer. I do not like too much the modern helmet.

As always any comment will be appreciate

Offline m4jumbo

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 03:21:59 AM »
The old "beakie" style helment could probably use a little less beak, but other than that it definatly looks like power armor.   Are you just experimenting or planning on doing a whole force of Space Marines.?

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »
Are you just experimenting or planning on doing a whole force of Space Marines.?

Yes I was experimenting because is my first total conversion and yes I am planning see how far I am going into 40k conversion to 10mm. If I get medium-satisfied with the scultp then I will like to make 30 marines of a chapter. I consider 10mm the perfect scale, and always love 40k but the 28mm do not satisfy me completly for a number of factors as size, the look of the battle -not a skirmish neither a real battle- size of the gametable, etc... (the scultping in 28mm figures is super I am not saying they are bad figures)

So I made those little marine inspire for the great work of DaveC and Clinabarum only as a personal challange. Now I will try convertions little by little. I have some ideas in mind of possible conversions.

Thanks for the comment of the beakie helmet, because I am just starting (and why not saying, a little bit lost in the modelling world) all the opinions/criticize/comments are treasure like gold for me. Also thanks for the power armor identifications, i believe the effect is more a paint converstion than a really modelling convertion, but If you have identified it I think I am going into the right way :)

Offline Stomm

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 10:05:11 AM »
I've always fancied sculpting a few 6mm SM's and Praetorian Guardsmen. Obviously there aren't any PG's for E40K, and the SM's are a little bit limited pose and weapon-fit wise. I suppose ideally you'd want at least five different Bolter Marines (ideally ten), at least two sergeants (ideally three), and one each of every heavy and special weapon option available in 40k.

Saying all that, a 10mm version of 40K would certainly be interesting. You could even use single figures and the 40K rules directly, just convert the inches to cm's on a 1:1 basis, and there you go 'Travel 40K'... I've seen and played a 'Travel Space Hulk' before, and it was a bloody good idea...

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 10:56:14 AM »
Yes would like to have all the special weapons... but the point is that I am not sure if I can make the weapons similar to 28mm, to get the power armour I will be satisfy. It is true only that I only have one season scultting by my own, but weapons seems difficult to build.

About the rule set my initial though were using the rogue trader rules. For firefights in modern era (1:72) I use the Smell of Napalm ruleset. So easy and fast. So I will try this too, but I am open to any experiment.

You could see in the illustrating art of 40k huge battelfields, with massed space marines against masses of space orks with one or two huge mechanical robot in the background. I always loved this art, It recall my  the napoleonic warfare but in the future.

Epic40k seem the right scale, but for the pics I see the games are masses of vehicles and a little few space dudes in squadron (modern tatical warfare). I have never palyed but seems like a vehicle engagement. (If someone of you are reading it and play epic is my personal opinion not a criticisim fo the game, also I am very interested in seenig pictures of the game during a battle).

When I discover warmaster and 10mm scale I thought "Hey, this kind of massed figures basingwill work really well with american civil war, napoleonic... and of course will be delicious 40k like the original art of rogue trader" just masses of imperial guard and marine in units of three and a "giant = dreadnough" of two special vehicle-giant-guests for 1000 points. The idea was forgoten until 2009. But I realize my capacity of sculting so I will cannibalize 10mm figures to make single figure total convertion base individualize. Maybe in the far future I could base them as warmaster do and try a ruleset like warmaster (that is a dream).

Offline pw

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »
@Jchaos. I'm a big fan of Epic and while I haven't got any 'in-battle' pictures perhaps this picture of my IG army would give a sense of things:

In total I tend to use 34 bases of troops in a 3000 point game (so 170 individual dudes). I have to admit I've not played in many games where there have been more than that fielded.

If you've not tried it I'd thoroughly recommend giving it a go.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2009, 03:13:35 PM »
Hey pw, beatiful army!

Yeah, I am quite sure that if I give a oportunity to epic I would love the game!

Even I leave a good oportunity of starting orc army when I found very old material for sale in an italian (rome) shop last year. I think it was not called epic in the box. But I finally buy a 6mm Montrose army and other Scottish army (ECW), then, I ran out my money. I am thinking that because epic is a wierd stuff they could still have the the boxes. And maybe you are interested in email the store http://www.strategiaetattica.it/

(Lex/moderator: is this publicity? is this correct in the forum? if you are not too happy PM and I erease it, I do not have nothing to do with that shop)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:15:41 PM by jchaos79 »