October 02, 2024, 09:24:32 AM

Author Topic: [WM] Jchaos79 warmaster projects  (Read 211353 times)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
Re: [WM] Jchaos79 warmaster projects
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 04:45:49 PM »
Hi this is my last paint unit. On tuesday I went to my local GW store to buy some grass. They told me they sell no more the grain grass and I bouht the scorched grass (long one that seems like high grass). I don't know yet if I like it...

- dwarfs

- Empire command

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:21:05 AM by jchaos79 »

Offline Meister.Petz

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
This all here is so crazy. Your painting speed is incredible and your works are quite better than normal 10mm-gaming-standard. Keep on posting, I'm watching almost every single picture :)
Warmaster: Skaven

Offline Stomm

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 11:41:59 PM »
Hi this is my last paint unit. On tuesday I went to my local GW store to buy some grass. They told me they sell no more the grain grass and I bouht the scorched grass (long one that seems like high grass). I don't know yet if I like it...

- dwarfs
- Empire command

To apply it 'properly' you need to do so through a plastic sieve. It's called 'static grass', because when statically charged it stands on end, which of course I hardly if ever bother to do. Hmm, I could buy a small sieve though, that might be a good idea...

BTW where are you? As if you're in London I can recomend a very good architects modelling shop which is great for supplies of different kinds of flock, static grass, pink and blue foam, and some trees that really need to be seen to believed, bloody marvelous they are...

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »
Great stuff as always.

As for the modelling supplies can you post a link please Stomm?

Offline Stomm

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 08:03:08 AM »
Nope, but I can give you directions. For some reason I can't remember the name of the flipping shop. I'll see if I've got something in one of their bags later, or if my memory comes back. But I'm sure that doing a Google search for: "Model shop, Old Street, and Morgate Eye Hospital" would get you somewhere...

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
Thank you for your nice comments,

I live in Madrid, Spain, but thank stomm for the advice! I will search for the sieve.

I still have lots of figures in bare metal, so I'll keep posting :)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 10:38:26 AM »
This is my last character. It is a troll painted for middle earth. This little dude will be the general of Empire of the Lord  of War, place in the lost realms or Cardolan region (Home made list). The general is a half troll half elf  :o (those people of ICE has a crazy imagination), and it is called, of course, the War Lord.

But I think I also used it like a troll character in the orc and goblin list going with the stat of goblin chiftains (this troll is very very smart)

Enjoy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:22:16 AM by jchaos79 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 10:45:11 AM »
This summer I have been very busy to paint anyting, so I decide make a experiment. I use the paint service of a local store in one unit of almoravids. I have never used this service so I was quite excited. On saturday I recover my unit painted.

I like the paint a lot!! but I am not very satisfied with the prize. 1 euro per figure --> 30 figures per unit --> 30 euros. My economy can not afford even 0,5k points with that price, so I will still painting myself.

I share the professional painting with you.

-Almoravid infantry

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:23:51 AM by jchaos79 »

Offline pw

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
Those bases look nice but I wouldn't say they were really any nicer than your own stuff.

As for the price - on the one hand I paint so slowly that I'd have to charge far more than that to make a living, but on the other hand (and the one that counts I think) that's going to make for a very expensive army!

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 07:41:21 PM »
Those bases look nice but I wouldn't say they were really any nicer than your own stuff.

Thanks pw, that is kind

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 04:25:56 PM »
Well here I come again,

This time more empire

- Sorcerer carring a ceremony

- A hero knight with polearm elite soldier
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:25:25 AM by jchaos79 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »
First a unit of shiny elves uncompleated. It is a shame that I have start painting this just 5 days before Swordmaster tells how to obtain beatiful shiny elves. I think I finished them with that scheme but the next I will follow Swordmaster instructions.

Maybe you could help me.

- First: I have a empire horsemen in my bare metal box of empire and I can not remember where I get this figure... (maybe from the war altar...) Do you recognize it?

(it seems a german doctor visits me last week. His name was Dr. Alzheimer)

- Second: I have lost a strip of wheel from the war altar (nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :-[ :-\ :'( :'( ).  I have search it around a year, and now I have to face reallity. It is gone.

Do you have some ideas of how I can do something to make a war altar honorable? Greenstuff is not my strongpoint. Where I can get some similar wheels?
(fast option: buying another war altar is not avaliable (desirable) GW prizes and my economic situation)

Thanks in advance

Offline Stomm

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 06:10:05 PM »
The knight is from the character pack, he's a mounted hero. Basically one of the Reiksguard Knights, but with different details. Needless to say of got quite a few of these sitting around unpainted, I think I may have around four or possible five Empire character packs for some reason...

As to replacing your War Altar wheels. Short of buying a new one, the only way to replace them would be either via ebay (unlikely), or to drop-cast yourself a replacement. But to be honest if you don't already have the kit to do this, then buying a new one would probably be cheaper anyway...

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 06:16:24 PM »
Thanks stomm!

It is wierd, I have few character packs but only one figure like this.... Maybe rest of the Reiksguard Knights still with the lost wheels of war altar (what a mess). I can not remember this figure from character pack... anyway, your opinion is more reliable than my brain these days. Thanks

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 06:17:56 PM »
I have a spare set of the wheels if you want them.
Just PM me your address.

Mick