August 05, 2024, 05:18:20 PM

Author Topic: Ork Campaign Questions  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Hymirl

Ork Campaign Questions
« on: October 15, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »
I'm looking at running a campagin for BFG at my local store in bristol but have run into a slight curiosity. Most the races get a commander that gets (eventually) the full options the commanders in the army lists get. Whats the best plan for orks?

Firstly should they be limited to one commander character like the other races? Or allowed to buy secondary warlords for other ships. (I'm somewhat excluding things like Cadian veteran captians on the basis they aren't really prime Fleet Commander)

Secondly, it seems they get no access to the warlord ship upgrades, nor a way to earn them though renown. Whats the best solution here?

It seems a bit disadvantaging to refuse access to plenty of warlords since they're pretty much what keep the fleet fighting with the need for cheapy re-rolls and boarding.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Ork Campaign Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »
Just add Warlords to the fleet per normal fleet selection rules.

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »
I'm looking at running a campagin for BFG at my local store in bristol but have run into a slight curiosity. Most the races get a commander that gets (eventually) the full options the commanders in the army lists get. Whats the best plan for orks?

Firstly should they be limited to one commander character like the other races? Or allowed to buy secondary warlords for other ships. (I'm somewhat excluding things like Cadian veteran captians on the basis they aren't really prime Fleet Commander)

Secondly, it seems they get no access to the warlord ship upgrades, nor a way to earn them though renown. Whats the best solution here?

It seems a bit disadvantaging to refuse access to plenty of warlords since they're pretty much what keep the fleet fighting with the need for cheapy re-rolls and boarding.

Horizon's right. Also, you are correct in that you can't give your subordinate Warlords direct refits, but they (more specifically their ships) can earn refits normally in the course of a campaign using the table on p.139-140 of Armada.

- Nate

Check out the BFG repository page for all the documents we have in work:
http://tinyurl.com/23nul8q
:) Smile, game on and enjoy!           - Nate

Offline gribbly_horde

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 05:16:19 AM »
Multiple warlords are fine - arguably necessary - and are the basis of getting any damn thing done with an orky fleet...

Offline lilith

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »
so for a 2000 point campaign rooster we can put 4 at 40 point each or are free? we can buy extra rerolls?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:20:56 AM by lilith »

Offline trynerror

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »
All additional warlords are basic, no extra rerolls. Only the Big Boss advances according to the table.

Offline Hymirl

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
The way I've read it is that you get one free character as the campaign freebie, and then you can buy additional ones which can have the upgrades listed as per normal.

Offline gribbly_horde

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »
That's how we did it.
Essentially everyone except the main fleet commander is treated like a chaos lord (rather than warmaster).