October 12, 2024, 05:18:42 AM

Author Topic: [WM] doubleclickhere's warmaster projects  (Read 53615 times)

Offline docdom

Re: [WM] doubleclickhere's warmaster projects
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »
Thanks again for the motivating words. Hopefully the tutorial gave some inspiration and I'm looking forward to seeing the results especially your Averland units Cobalt.

I also really like your general. I like the fact a highborn decided to fight on foot, like a real man, in the middle of the pike blocks with his soldiers, instead of parading around on horseback.  ::

That was my intention. I liked the idea of the greatsword captain fighting with his men.
For him I thought about the special rule that he gives an extra attack when he's with the greatswords for 5p. Thats 5p less then usual but since it only counts when joining a weak infantry unit it should be ok for the risk you take.
How much should be the rule that once his unit of bodyguards is annihilated and instead of being killed too he is allowed to flee (fight his way back) and join another unit within 30cm?

I also found some unpublished pics of my 2 units of xbows on my camera. Here they are with a full shot of my small army (1 unit of halberds is missing in the pic)

This was the first banner I painted for the greatswords. But somehow it didn't work and I painted the other one. Maybe it's because there are too many small things on it instead of a clear pattern with large symbols like on the latest one with the crossed swords. But I'll use it with some halberdiers later.

Offline schwager

• The Art of Schwager
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2012, 07:25:07 AM »
Great progress, mate. Your army looks awesome so far.
Love the banner, too. :)

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
Wow, superb job on those units!

Kudos for the greatswords! I loved the look of the unit in the special units .pdf but was to scared (and lazy :D ) to even try that. Excellent work, looking forward to see them finished!

Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline docdom

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2012, 07:57:03 PM »
Today a new shipment of handguns arrived from Nuln via the River Aver.....

@ Guthwine:

with your skills this job shouldn't be a problem. Actually this is a pretty easy conversion and it was my first. You only need a little bit of patience when glueing these little swords.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:11:09 PM by double click here »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
I'm really amazed that you chose for yellow and black so close together --- and on 10mm scale minis!

I remember as a child having terrible trouble trying to paint Bad Moon Orkz in Epic scale.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline docdom

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
A little update on my latest work:

I finally painted my castle. The black acrylics didn't adhere well on the styrofoam and I had to do 2 or 3 undercoatings so you couldn't see the pink styrofoam anymore. After that the highlighting was a lot quicker.

Some scouts ride off for the daily patrol:

My first cavalry unit for my Averlanders. Now I already got 3 halberdiers, 2 XBows, 1 Handgunners, 1 cannon and 1 unit of pistoliers. Two more knights and two characters to go and i can field 1000 points of troops.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2012, 01:18:34 PM »
OK your fortress is amazing - it looks pretty labour intensive to do though... Would you say it's "worth it?" in the end?

Speaking for myself - I'd like to do something like that, but instead of walls of sieges, more just obstacles on a normal open battlefield.

And I love your new cavalry too - your banners are wonderful.

Offline frogbear

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
Wow. Very nice indeed.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
great work dobleclickhere!

Offline docdom

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
Thank you guys!

OK your fortress is amazing - it looks pretty labour intensive to do though... Would you say it's "worth it?" in the end?

@ Stormwind: looking back I think it was quite a lot of effort and I wouldn't do it a second time. I don't even want to think of doing all the work again like cutting and engraving the wallsections and making all the parapets. But when I actually did it was lots of fun, I saved a few bucks (compared to the Kallistra castle), I improved my terrainbuilding skills a bit and now I got a nice castle  :) . So first time yes, second time no. So go ahead!

I am happy to add two more characters to my empire army. Another hero/general to command my cavalry ( the greatsword captain is for the infantry) and my first wizard. Now I got all the leaders I need for my 1000p armylist. There are only two units of knights missing. I think one will be some knights of the blazing sun as they fit well with my paint scheme and the Averland background.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:19:53 PM by docdom »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »
Lovely!  2p coins being pressed into service again there I notice. =-P

Highlights on the mages robe and the feathers there are spot on!

Offline schwager

• The Art of Schwager
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
They look awesome! That's gonna be such a cool looking army.

Really fond of the colour on the Wizard's horse, too.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2012, 08:28:53 AM »
I agree wizard is great painted!! congrat

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
Truly beautiful minis! I love the knights and excellent job on the shield freehands, they look spectacular.

I hope there will be an international event some time in the future to see them in person. :)
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline docdom

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
I appreciate the comments, guys.  :D

@ stormwind: yep the fantastic 2p coins. I still got two left and I will save them for the perfect mini. Here in Germany you got to spend way more money value to get the same sized base  :). But actually that wizard was based on some norwegian Kroner I found around my place. Also a pretty expensive base...  :) King Harald forgive me.

@ Guthwine:
  I wish I could paint that free hand but I've got to disappoint you. The shield's emblems are just part of the mini   ;D

By the way. I changed my nick back to my regular online one. The "doubleclickhere" was just made in a stupid mood when I was new on this forum and didn't expect to ever become an active member.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:48:58 PM by docdom »